Issue: How to fix Windows changing resolution on its own?
Hello. I recently noticed that Windows changed the resolution settings on its own. What could cause this and how do I fix this?
Windows is a popular operating system used on personal computers and laptops. It is developed and distributed by Microsoft and is designed to provide users with a user-friendly interface and a range of features and tools for managing and using their computers.
However, users may encounter issues with their Windows computer that can affect its performance and functionality. One such issue is when the resolution of the display changes on its own. The resolution of a display refers to the number of pixels that make up the image on the screen. A higher resolution means that there are more pixels, which can result in a clearer and more detailed image. A lower resolution can result in a pixelated or blurry image.
If your Windows computer is changing resolution on its own, it can be frustrating and can make it difficult to use your computer effectively. This issue can be caused by an outdated or corrupted graphics driver, hardware issues, or third-party applications.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix Windows changing resolution on its own. Keep in mind that the manual troubleshooting process can be lengthy. You can use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Reset Screen Resolution
- Right-click anywhere on your desktop and select Display settings
- Now, click on the Display resolution menu and choose a different resolution. If the resolution at this moment is different than the recommended one, switch to that one
- Click Yes to accept the new resolution
Solution 2. Update Graphics Driver
- Open Device Manager and expand the Display Adapters tab
- Right-click on your graphics driver and select Properties
- Go to the Driver tab and click on Update Driver
- Press on Search Automatically for Drivers
- If a graphic driver update is available, install it and then restart your PC
- Upon restart, launch the Modern Warfare game and check if it fixed the issue.
- You may also use a dedicated utility like DriverFix that can find the best drivers for your machine and install them automatically
Solution 3. Disable the Base Video Option
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box
- Type msconfig and click on the OK button
- Then click the Boot tab on the System Configuration window and deselect the Base video checkbox
- Press the Apply button to confirm the new settings and click OK to close the window
- Restart your computer
Solution 4. Try Clean Boot
- Type MSConfig in the Start Menu and hit Enter to open the System Configuration Utility
- Click on the General tab, and then click Selective Startup
- Clear the Load Startup Items checkbox, and ensure that Load System Services and Use Original boot configuration are checked
- Next, go to the Services tab
- Select the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox
- Now click Disable all
- Click Apply and OK and restart the computer
Solution 5. Roll Back Graphics Driver
- Press the Windows key + X and click on Device Manager
- Expand the Display adapters option
- Look for your graphics driver
- Right-click and click Update Driver
- Look for the Browse my computer for drivers option
- Click Let me pick available drivers on my computer
- Choose an old driver or another name of the driver then select it and hit Next until it installs
- Restart your computer
Solution 6. Use System Restore
System Restore is a tool that can revert your system back to a previous point before a specific problem has occurred.
- Go to the Start menu, type restore, and click on Create a restore point
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.