Issue: How to Fix Windows Store Error 0xC800044E on Windows 10?
Hello. I can’t download apps from the Windows Store due to an error code 0xC800044E. I can’t recall performing some important changes on the system, so I have no ideas what might have happened. Just yesterday I was able to download anything I wanted, but today no matter how many times I try to download anything, the same error occurs. Is there something I should do to fix that?
Windows Store is an app store, which allows Microsoft Windows users to download both free and paid apps and music files. The app distributes not only Universal Windows Platform apps, but also latest Windows Updates for Windows 8 and 10 OS. Sadly, Windows Store is one of the most frequently affected Windows applications as it is stoke by various bugs and errors every day. Windows Store cache, overloaded servers or system’s changes like date, time or proxy are just a few examples of triggers that may influence poor or aborted service.
UgetFix team has noticed that from the beginning of 2016, people encounter the Windows Store Error Code: 0xC800044E. It emerges unexpectedly when the PC’s owner attempts to download apps or updates. According to people’s reports, running sfc / scannow, adjusting Date and Time settings or running Windows App Troubleshooter did not help to fix 0xC800044E error. Nevertheless, if you haven’t tried these steps, we would recommend doing so. Otherwise, we would recommend disabling Proxy connection, removing Windows Store cache or reinstalling the Store app itself.
Fixing 0xC800044E Error on Windows Store
Disable Proxy Connection
- Right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Select Internet Options.
- Select Connections on the Internet Properties window.
- Click on LAN Settings and uncheck Use Proxy server option.
- Mark Automatically detect settings and click OK.
- Finally, click Apply and close the Internet Options window.
Reset Windows Store Cache
- Press Windows key + R, type wsreset, and click OK.
- Right after that a black dialog window should show up. Do not press anything until Windows Store app is launched. That means that Windows Store cache has successfully been reset.
Reinstall Windows Store app
Since Windows Store is a pre-installed default Windows 10 app, you won’t be allowed to uninstall it via Programs & Features applet. The only way to do so is to run Windows PowerShell and execute several commands on it.
- Click Windows key + R, type PowerShell, and press Enter.
- Right-click on the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- Type Get-Appxpackage –Allusers and press Enter.
- Find Windows Store entry and copy the package name using Ctrl + C hotkey.
- Now type Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command. NOTE: instead of PackageFullName, paste the Windows Store package name by pressing Ctrl + V hotkey. In addition, change C: with the letter of your root driver if needed.
- After that, reopen PowerShell with administrative privileges as explained above.
- Paste Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\” –DisableDevelopmentMode command and press Enter. Don't forget to replace the PackageFullName and C: (if needed).
- Finally, reboot the system to execute all changes.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services like Netflix, BBC, Disney+ and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless where you are
Recover your lost files quickly
Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is a recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of important documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.