Issue: How to fix Windows store error code: 0x80070006?
I’ve been trying to search for Windows Updates the whole day, but each attempt ends up with the error code 0x80070006. I tried running sfc /scannow and install the updates manually, but the error gets back again and again. Can someone help?
0x80070006 error (also known as Error Code 0x80070006 – 0x2000C) is the issue that was encountered a couple of years ago when Windows 10 operating system was presented to users. Luckily, this bug has been fixed, and now people can install Windows 10 without receiving the error message.
However, the System error code 0x80070006 is still circulating the Internet and tends to show up when searching for Windows updates or trying to install the updates.
However, several people have reported that the error 0x80070006 prevents them from downloading apps via Windows Store and saving them in Micro SD Card. In this case, try to save the apps to the main drive. This way, most of the people managed to fix this bug on the Windows Store. In case you are encountering it when using Windows Update service, you should try to perform the steps indicated below.
Windows Store Error Code: 0x80070006 fix
Usually, Windows Update errors are triggered by malfunctioning Windows Update services or anti-virus software. Therefore, make sure that your PC is fully optimized by running a full scan with Reimage. It will check Windows Registries, replace damaged system files (if there are any), and remove potentially unwanted or malicious software. If the issue continues to interrupt you, try performing methods to fix this error.
Method 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix error 0x80070006
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a tool developed by Microsoft, the purpose of which is to detect and fix Windows Update service-related problems. Unfortunately, but the troubleshooter often fails to detect the bugs. In this case, try the next fixes:
- Click Win key + X and select Control Panel.
- Type Troubleshooter and select Troubleshooting from the search results.
- Select System and Security and click on Fix problems with Windows Updates.
- Wait for the process to complete and then check if the error reoccurs on Windows Updates.
Method 2. Disable Antivirus and check Windows Firewall Settings
Antivirus software, especially the one that belongs to third-party developers, often conflict with the internal Windows apps and prevent Windows Updates from downloading. Therefore, we would recommend you to disable your antivirus temporarily and, additionally, check if Windows Firewall settings are correct.
- Click Win key + R, type Firewall.cpl, and press OK.
- Select Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option.
- Go to Private Network Settings and select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
- Once done, navigate to the Public Network Settings and select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
- Click OK to save the changes.
Method 3. Reset Windows Update Components for 0x80070006 error fix
NOTE: before performing the steps indicated below, it's advisable to make registry backups.
- Right-click Win key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- If a UAC shows up, click OK to proceed.
- By typing the following commands you will stop BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services. Don't forget to press Enter after each of them:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- Then type Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Network\\Downloader\\qmgr*.dat” command to delete qmgr*.dat files.
- Once done, copy and paste cd /d %windir%\\system32 command and press Enter to execute the command.
- To re-register BITS and Windows Update files, you will have to type all the commands (followed by Enter) provided below:
- To reset Winsock, type netsh winsock reset and netsh winhttp reset proxy commands. Press Enter after each of them as usually.
- Finally, restart BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services by entering the following commands each followed by Enter:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
Method 4. Update your computer manually
- Start your PC and choose to log in as Administrator;
- Click on Start —> All programs —> Accessories —> System Tools;
- After that, choose System Restore;
- Pick the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” variant and press on the Next button;
- Choose the most recently used system restore option from the given list and select Next;
- When a confirmation window shows up, again click Next;
- Once the process is finished, reboot your PC.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.