Issue: How to Fix Windows Store Error Code: 0x80070006?
I’ve been trying to search for Windows Updates the whole day, but each attempt ends up with the error code 0x80070006. I tried running sfc /scannow and install the updates manually, but the error gets back again and again. Can someone help?
Are you having some problems with the Windows Update service? Is your problem related to 0x80070006 error? If so, then you have stumbled upon the right website because we will be addressing this issue and providing all the possible fixes. Initially, the 0x80070006 error, or more specifically Error Code 0x80070006 – 0x2000C, was encountered a couple of years ago during the installation of Windows 10 operating system. Luckily, this bug has been fixed, and now people can install Windows 10 without receiving 0x80070006 bug. Unfortunately, but this irritating error message is still circulating the Internet, except that it tends to show up when searching for Windows updates or trying to install the updates.
Usually, Windows Update errors are triggered by malfunctioning Windows Update services or anti-virus software. Therefore, we will provide the methods that may help to fix these issues. However, several people have reported that the error 0x80070006 prevents them from downloading apps via Windows Store and saving them in Micro SD Card. In this case, try to save the apps to the main drive. This way, most of the people managed to fix this bug on the Windows Store. In case you are encountering it when using Windows Update service, you should try to perform the steps indicated below.
How to Fix Windows Store Error Code: 0x80070006?
Method 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a tool developed by Microsoft, the purpose of which is to detect and fix Windows Update service-related problems. Unfortunately, but the troubleshooter often fails to detect the bugs. In this case, try the next fixes:
- Click Win key + X and select Control Panel.
- Type Troubleshooter and select Troubleshooting from the search results.
- Select System and Security and click on Fix problems with Windows Updates.
- Wait for the process to complete and then check if the error reoccurs on Windows Updates.
Method 2. Disable Antivirus and check Windows Firewall Settings
Antivirus software, especially the one that belongs to third party developers, often conflict with the internal Windows apps and prevent Windows Updates from downloading. Therefore, we would recommend you to disable your antivirus temporarily and, additionally, check if Windows Firewall settings are correct.
- Click Win key + R, type Firewall.cpl, and press OK.
- Select Turn Windows Firewall On or Off option.
- Go to Private Network Settings and select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
- Once done, navigate to the Public Network Settings and select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
- Click OK to save the changes.
Method 3. Reset Windows Update Components
NOTE: before performing the steps indicate below, it’s advisable to make registry backups.
- Right-click Win key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- If a UAC shows up, click OK to proceed.
- By typing the following commands you will stop BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services. Don’t forget to press Enter after each of them:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- Then type Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat” command to delete qmgr*.dat files.
- Once done, copy and paste cd /d %windir%\system32 command and press Enter to execute the command.
- To re-register BITS and Windows Update files, you will have to type all the commands (followed by Enter) provided below:
- To reset Winsock, type netsh winsock reset and netsh winhttp reset proxy commands. Press Enter after each of them as usually.
- Finally, restart BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services by entering the following commands each followed by Enter:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
Finally, make sure that your PC is fully optimized by running a full scan with Reimage. It will check Windows Registries, replace damaged system files (if there are any), remove potentially unwanted or malicious software, as well as protect the system from infections.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.