Issue: How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80244007?
Each attempt to update Windows 10 ends up with an error 0x80244007. I haven’t installed updates for quite a long time, so I’m a little bit worried about my PCs stability. Could you please help?
Windows Update Error 0x80244007 has been recently included into the database of the current Windows 10 bugs. Although Microsoft did not officially acknowledged it yet, IT technicians have already analyzed this bug and agree upon the fact that it is yet another Windows Update service issue, which might have been triggered by corrupted Windows update files, damaged registries, failure of Windows Update components, and similar. However, judging from people’s reports, deleting the content from the Software Distribution folder seems to be the solution. This folder contains temporary Windows Store files, which may be required to install Windows Updates. If, for example, some of the files stored in Software Distribution folder are damaged, they may interfere with the installation of the new Windows updates.
There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80244007).
Fixing Windows Update Error 0x80244007
There are many general methods that can be applied for fixing Windows Update errors. For example, Microsoft usually recommends people to run Windows Update Troubleshooter. To launch the tool, you should type Troubleshooting into Windows 10 Search and select the first matching option. Then select Fix Problems with Windows Updates link under System and Security. Finally, click Next and wait for the scan to be executed. Unfortunately, most of the people did not manage to fix 0x80244007 error by running Windows Update Troubleshooter because the latter delivers errors as well. In this case, try the following fixes:
Option 1. Delete the content of the Software Distribution folder
- Right-click on Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes on the UAC.
- Copy and paste the commands given below and press Enter after each of them:
net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
Option 2. Reset Windows Update Components
- Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes on the UAC pop-u.
- Now stop MSI Installer, Windows Update Services, BITS services. For this purpose, copy and paste the following commands in the Command Prompt dialog. Press Enter after each.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- The rename the Catroot2 and SoftwareDistribution folders. Copy and paste the ren C:\\Windows\\System32\\catroot2 Catroot2.old and ren C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old commands in the Command Prompt dialog and press Enter after each of them.
- Finally, restart MSI Installer, Windows Update Services, BITS services. To do so, copy and paste the commands given below and press Enter after each:
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
- Close Command Prompt and try to install the updates.
Option 3. Check for malware or compromised files
If the previous options did not help to fix 0x80244007 error, we would recommend running a scan with a powerful anti-malware. In this particular case, you would kill two birds with one stone by selecting Reimage because it functions as an optimization tool and powerful anti-malware in tandem.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: