Issue: How to fix Windows update error 0x80246019?
Hello. While I was trying to install Windows updates I received the 0x80246019 error. What could be interfering with the process? Any tips would be helpful.
Windows update errors are more common than most of us would want. The updates include important security patches and new features so not only people can become vulnerable but also miss out on the newest functionalities until they manage to fix the issue causing the error.
Some users have encountered Windows update error 0x80246019. Most update errors can be fixed with the built-in troubleshooter but when that does not work, users need to prepare to find the cause. Sometimes such errors can appear because of corrupted system files, or third-party antivirus compatibility issues. In some cases, users found that Windows own security system, Windows Defender was sabotaging the updating process.
The 0x80246019 error could also be triggered if there are plenty of USB devices connected to your computer. Certain USB devices can interfere with the system and prevent it from downloading the latest updates. So this is the first and easiest step you can try out.
The manual troubleshooting process could take a while because it is unclear what exactly is causing the issue. You can try using an automatic solution FortectMac Washing Machine X9 to avoid going through all of the possibilities. This repair tool can identify the damaged system components, fix BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues with the click of a button. This software could also be used to free up space by clearing cookies and cache, which should boost the device's performance.
Below you will find a few manual methods that could fix the Windows update error 0x80246019. Note that this will take a while, so please follow all of the steps very carefully and in an orderly fashion:
Solution 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Right-click on Start and pick Settings
- Go to the Update & Security section
- Click Troubleshoot on the left
- If you can't see troubleshooters listed on the right, click Additional troubleshooters
- Locate Windows Update, click and pick Run the troubleshooter
Solution 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Disable Third-Party Antivirus Software
Some security programs might be conflicting with Microsoft servers and data packages that they send during the update process, mistakenly perceiving these servers as insecure. Thus, it is known that removing AV software helped some users when trying to remove Windows update errors.
- Right-click the antivirus icon and select Disable
- You can also double-click the antivirus icon and look for a Disable option there
Solution 4. Disable Real-Time Protection
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings
- Choose Update & Security and go to the Windows Security tab
- Click on Virus & threat protection
- Go to the Virus & threat protection settings section, and then click Manage settings
- Turn off the Real-time protection feature
- Try to update your system again
Solution 5. Remove the $WINDOWS.~BT directory
- Type disk in the Search bar and select Disk Cleanup
- Make sure that your System drive is selected and click OK
- Wait for the scan to finish
- Select the files you want to remove and click OK
- Go to the Clean system files button and select Temporary Windows installation files
- Check if the problem still persists
Solution 6. Change Insider Program Settings
- Open Settings and then click Update & Security
- Go to the Windows Insider Program tab and click Stop Insider Preview builds
- Click Cancel to confirm
- Try to download the update again
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.