Issue: How to fix Windows update error 0xc1900401?
Hello. I need help with the update error 0xc1900401. I get the failed install error message and cannot fix the problem with the options found online. SFC tool showed and solved nothing. Forums and Reddit offer nothing better. I need serious help, because I am devastated at this point.
Installing pending updates might often fail and lead to error messages, other system issues. It happens on Windows 10 machines and on recently upgraded devices that run Windows 11 operating system. Users reported these issues for a while, and received no particular fixes that could be universal for all frustrated people.
The issue is related to the launched upgrades for the version of Windows 10. The problem appears to bother users while trying to update the OS. It is common to receive errors during such a process because an upgrade requires particular files to be there and needs space. If there is not enough space or some files are corrupted, altered, damaged – issues occur and the procedure fails entirely.
Windows update error code 0xc1900401 can be triggered by the weak or low speed of the internet. OS updates require good quality of connection. You might want to check the speed or try to upgrade the OS at a less busy time when the speed is better. Also, the quality of the attached devices can lead to issues, disconnecting any devices from the computer when they are not needed.
Disabled services of the system update can always create issues with the procedure because the service is not enabled properly on the machine. The error can easily appear when the system has corrupted files, folders, system settings, preferences regarding the system reboot, and startup. PUP or malware leftovers often cause such issues.
Corruption inside Windows folders is one of the more common causes for errors like Windows update 0xc1900401. Such common issues can be solved with applications like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 because this tool is designed to find and repair issues with corrupted files, altered settings, damaged components.
If you can point to the time when the additional issues started to occur besides the error, you might know that application installation or corruption with a third-party app causes this Windows update error 0xc1900401. If these solutions are not related to your situation – follow the guide and try a few methods to find the one that helps to fix this Update error.
1. Check the Windows Update service
- Click Start and start typing for services.msc.
- Open it.
- A new window will open containing all Windows services.
- Search for Windows Update.
- Right-click the Windows Update and then click Stop.
2. Clear temporary cache for Windows Update
- Hold your windows key and hit R key.
- Run window will appear.
- Type %windir%\\SoftwareDistribution\\DataStore in this new window and click OK.
- This will open Windows Explorer.
- Delete all contents of this folder.
3. Start the Windows Update service
- Go back to the Windows Services.
- Locate Windows Update.
- Right-click on it and choose Start.
4. Troubleshoot the Windows update
- Press Win + I, navigate to Settings.
- Choose System, then Troubleshoot.
- Hit Other troubleshooters.
- Find Windows Update.
- You will see a Run button beside Windows Update – click it.
- Reboot your PC when the troubleshooting process is completed
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Update & Security.
- Hit Troubleshoot and find Additional troubleshooters.
- Locate and click Windows Update.
- Hit the button Run the troubleshooter.
- Let this tool find and resolve any issues.
- Once this is over, reboot your computer.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Matt Hanson. Windows 11 problems. Techradar. How to cmputing.
- ^ How to fix Error 0xc1900401. Answers. Microsoft community forum.
- ^ Malware. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.