Issue: How to fix Windows Update Error Code 0x8024a105?
My HP laptop hasn’t been updated for several months. Update installation fails with an error code 0x8024a105. Does anyone know what it means or how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
The advantages of the automatic Windows Update service represented in Windows 10 OS have been discussed widely, and people already evidenced the clear difference between updated and outdated operating systems.
Sometimes new Windows updates indeed contain bugs and trigger system malfunctions, the biggest part of the updates accelerate the system’s performance, consolidate its security, fix errors, and deliver new features. Unfortunately, the Windows Update service is not perfect.
There are many aspects that may negatively influence the performance of this service, which is why the system may not get updates for a long time. One of the current Windows Update errors is 0x8024a105. It may show up during the Windows update search procedure or when checking the Update History and analyzing the updates that failed to install.
According to experts, the 0x8024a105 error indicates a problem with the Background Intelligence transfer service. Therefore, it’s advisable to stop this service temporarily and check if that helps. However, this service is not the only trigger of the update error, so you should also try to reset all Windows Update components.
If you want to fix 0x8024a105 error manually, you should perform each of the methods below. As evident, each of the computer configurations is different, hence now all the solutions can apply to everybody. Therefore, one of the easiest ways to resolve this issue is by employing automatic repair software ReimageMac Washing Machine X9.
The app can help you with Windows maintenance (cleaning junk and temp files), resolving serious system corruption issues (those that cause BSOD and other errors), caring for your privacy (cleaning your web browser cookies and cache), and removing malware/fixing its damage caused automatically.
Option 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Right-click on Start and pick Settings
- On the left, pick Troubleshoot
- Now you should be able to see all troubleshooters on the left. If you don't, click Additional troubleshooters
- Find Windows Update and click Run the troubleshooter.
Option 2. Delete contents of Software Distribution folder
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- Locate the Background Intelligent Transfer Service on the list and right-click it.
- Select Stop from the context menu.
- Now locate the Windows Update service, right-click it, and select Stop.
- Now open Windows Explorer and navigate to the C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution.
- Remove all the content on this folder. If some of the contents, for example, “Download” and “DeliveryOptimation” are not removed, repeat the removal process.
- Finally, reboot the system and check if the 0x8024a105 error has been fixed.
Option 3. Change Windows Update Settings
- Right-click on Start and pick Settings.
- Go to update and security section.
- On the right, select Advanced Options.
- Unmark the “Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows” box.
- Reboot the system to save the changes.
- Then open Windows Update Settings as explained above and click Check for Updates.
- Click Check for Updates button several times in order to install all available Windows Updates. Once the system will be fully updated, you will receive a notification “Your device is up to date.”
- After that, open Update settings again and select Advanced Options.
Option 4. Reset Windows Update components
- Type in cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt result and pick Run as administrator.
- If a UAC shows up, click OK to proceed.
- By typing the following commands you will stop BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services. Don't forget to press Enter after each of them:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
- Then type Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\Network\\Downloader\\qmgr*.dat” command to delete qmgr*.dat files.
- Once done, copy and paste cd /d %windir%\\system32 command and press Enter to execute the command.
- To re-register BITS and Windows Update files, you will have to type all the commands (followed by Enter) provided below:
- To reset Winsock, type netsh winsock reset and netsh winhttp reset proxy commands. Press Enter after each of them as usually.
- Finally, restart BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services by entering the following commands each followed by Eter:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
Option 5. Use Media Creation Tool to update Windows
You can try using Windows Media Creation Tool if regular process fails. Here's how:
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 10 installation media.
- Double-click the installer and agree to Terms.
- Click Next.
- Pick Upgrade this PC now and select Next.
- At this point, Windows will download relevant files.
- Finalize the installation and reboot your computer.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.