Issue: How to fix wireless controller connection not working on Windows PC?
Hello. I have been trying to connect my wireless controller to my Windows computer but I have not been successful. Any tips would be appreciated.
Generally, people use Xbox controllers with their Windows PCs. The Xbox app for Windows makes it easy to play console games on a computer. However, many users run into issues when trying to connect their wireless controller to their Windows machine for various reasons.
Generally, people can use the Xbox 360 controller with Windows either via USB or wirelessly using the dedicated adapter from Microsoft. When it comes to Xbox One controllers, it depends on which version of the controller people have. The original controller model uses a proprietary wireless standard that needs a dongle accessory to work.
If you have experienced the wireless controller connection not working on Windows PC, you should first make sure that you have all the necessary accessories for the controller to work. If everything is in check, the connection might fail because of outdated or missing drivers, a corrupted Windows registry, etc.
You can use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 if you want a fast and smooth troubleshooting process. This powerful software can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. It helps in keeping the system running smoothly. Otherwise, if you are ready to proceed with the manual guide, carefully follow the steps posted below.
Solution 1. Update Windows
- Click Settings from your start menu and click Update & Security
- Choose Windows Upgrade from the left panel and click the Check for updates button, and then your computer will check for, download, and install any updates found
Solution 2. Re-connect your Controller by Bluetooth
- Turn on your controller by pressing the middle button.
- Press the Pair button until it flashes rapidly
- Press the start button on your PC
- Type Bluetooth and click on Bluetooth & other devices
- Press the Add Bluetooth or other devices
- Press Bluetooth
- Select your controller
Solution 3. Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows Key + I
- Go to Update & Security
- Select Troubleshoot on the left-hand panel and press Additional troubleshooters
- Press Bluetooth and let the wizard run
Solution 4. Update Xbox Controller’s Firmware
- Go to the Microsoft Store and get the Xbox Accessories app
- Connect your Xbox controller to your PC with the USB cable
- Open the Xbox Accessories app
- It will prompt an Update Required message if needed
- Let it update, and close it after the process is finished
Solution 5. Update Controller Driver
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to open the Run box
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter on your keyboard
- Expand Microsoft Xbox One Controller or the name of your controller if you are using a different one
- Right-click on it and click Update Driver Software
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- You can also use a tool like DriverFix that can update all drivers automatically and search for the best ones
- Replace the batteries
- Try using a cable
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.