Issue: How to Fix WMVcore.dll is Missing Error on Windows 10?
I can’t open Camtasia due to missing WMVcore.dll. The error message shows up each time. Should I install this dll and for get about this issue?
Do you know that free Windows 10 updates are no longer available? If, however, you have upgraded your Windows 10 less than a week ago and noticed that many programs are now commonly ending up throwing up WMVCORE.DLL is missing error, it’s obvious that your machine has ran into another Windows 10 error.
People have reported that in most of the cases, WMVCORE.DLL error message shows up when trying to open Camtasia or Adobe Premier Pro software. This error not only prevents Windows users from using certain programs, but also informs about missing or corrupted system files. It means that the system needs a proper maintenance or even another upgrade. Thus, do not ignore this message. In most of the cases, it says:
“The program can’t start because the Wmvcore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.”
“The file wmvcore.dll is missing.”
“Cannot start [Program]. A required component is missing: wmvcore.dll. Please install [program] again.”
“Wmvcore.dll Not Found”
“This application failed to start because wmvcore.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
“Cannot find [path/directory]\wmvcore.dll”
It’s clear that the culprit of this issue is missing .dll file. As you probably already understood, .dll files are small system particles that are kept in registries and run by particular software. Thus, if one of the system files is missing or gets corrupted, errors like WMVcore.dll occur.
Although the message itself offers a solution, i.e. to reinstall a program that you are trying to open, practice shows that reinstalling seldom helps. If you have already tried reinstalling the problematic software that can’t open due to the missing WMVcore.dll, but you still see the error message, try the fixes that we will list down below.
How to fix WMVcore.dll is missing error?
Fix 1. Automatic WMVcore.dll error fix
Unless you are against installation of additional software, out strong recommendation would be to fix WMVcore.dll error automatically. For this purpose, you should install a PC optimization tool, follow the instructions, and launch it. Our recommended programs (all free for download) would be:
Fix 2. Manual WMVcore.dll fix
- Navigate to the This PC – Local Disk (C:).
- Here you should find Windows.Old folder. Open it and look for System32.
- Once you open this folder, enter WMVCORE.DLL in the search bar.
- If you receive the file among the results, copy it and go back to the C: drive.
- Open the Windows folder and find the System32 folder.
- Paste WMVCORE.DLL file in this folder.
If this WMVCORE.DLL error fix did not help, try the others below.
Other possible WMVcore.dll fixes:
- In case you accidentally removed the .dll, go to Recycle bin, type WMVcore.dll in the search bar and wait for the results. In case the file is there, click on it and select Restore.
- Run a full scan with a professional antivirus. Avoid third-party software because it may not find all unwanted/malicious files, which is why WMVcore.dll fix may fail.
- If there is only one or several programs that could not be launched due to WMVcore.dll error, we would recommend removing and reinstalling the software. If you don’t know how to do that, the you should:
-Go to Start (or Windows logo at the bottom left corner) – open Control Panel – Select Programs – then Programs and Features.
-Look for the needed apps among the others, right-click on them and select Uninstall.
-After that, download these programs (from the official websites preferably because third
party sources distribute bundles often) and install them again.
- Update drivers. Outdated drivers may collide and start causing WMVcore.dll error. Thus, go to Start – Find Update Device Drivers function – and run it.
- Run sfc /scannow command. For that, go to Start, type sfc /scannow and run the command. This function checks System files and fixes the damaged/corrupted ones if Windows system has copies. Therefore, this function can help you replace damaged WMVcore.dll file if it’s provided by Microsoft.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.