Issue: How to fix XAPOFX1_5.DLL was not found or missing error in Windows?
Hello. I have been trying to open a certain application on my Windows computer but every time I receive an error “XAPOFX1_5.DLL was not found or missing.” How can I fix this?
Operating systems are made out of thousands of processes running in the background making sure it works smoothly. Windows is not an exception. It is used in homes and offices around the world. People love it for the user-friendly interface, built-in troubleshooters, customization abilities, and many more. However, if one of the system processes goes rogue, users can experience various errors, bugs, and crashes.
Some users receive the “XAPOFX1_5.DLL was not found or missing” error when they try to launch certain applications. That means that the program you are trying to use requires this file and cannot work without it. A DLL (Dynamic-Link Library) contains code and data that can be used by more than one program at the same time so there might be multiple applications that you are unable to use.
XAPOFX1_5.DLL may be missing because important system files are corrupted and are causing the system directory to be unable to find this file. The error can also appear because of outdated drivers or after a corrupt installation. Also, sometimes third-party apps cause various system malfunctions so you should see if this was not caused by a program that you installed recently.
If you want to avoid going through all the possible troubleshooting options, we recommend you use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9. It can fix various system errors, corrupted files, registry issues, BSoDs automatically so you do not have to. If you already tried that, and it did not work or you want to solve this manually, proceed to the guide below:
Solution 1. Check for Updates
- Click Settings from your start menu and click Updates & Security
- Choose Windows Upgrade from the left panel and click the Check for updates button, and then your computer will check for, download, and install any updates found
Solution 2. Reinstall the Affected Program
If you experience the error when you try to launch a specific program, it is a good idea to try to reinstall it.
- Go to Apps & Features, find the program in the list using the search bar
- Click on it and choose Uninstall
- Now install the program the same way you did before
Solution 3. Update DirectX
If you are getting the error due to the missing XAPOFX1_5.dll every time you try to open a specific app, you can try to resolve this issue by updating the DirectX version.
- Download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web installer
- Open the setup.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
- Once all the missing packs are installed, click on Finish to exit the setup wizard
- Restart your PC and try opening the same program you were having a problem with
Solution 4. Update Graphics Driver
- Right-click on Start and find Device Manager
- Expand Display adapters section
- Right-click on your graphics card and select Properties
- Go to the Driver tab and click Update or employ an automatic updater such as DriverFix which can be used to quickly update and backup all your drivers without hassle
- If the update did not get rid of the problem you can select Roll Back Driver and click Yes
- Restart your PC
Solution 5. Copy the XAPOFX1_5.dll Manually
- Check if your system architecture is 32-bit or 64-bit
- Download the XAPOFX1_5.dll file
- Open the Zip file and copy the XAPOFX1_5.dll setup file
- Press the Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer window
- Navigate to the System32 folder following the below path:
- Paste the copied XAPOFX1_5.dll setup file here
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.