Issue: How to fix “Your device isn’t quite ready for Windows Update”?
Hello. There is a message by the Windows Update that the system is not ready for the upgrade. I don't know what that means, but I would like to update my OS to the latest version. Is there something I need to do before the update? Is there something wrong with the machine, so I need to fix it? Help.
“Your device isn’t quite ready for Windows Update” issue might be related to hardware or software incompatibility issues, so missing drivers are the reason why you see this status there. Users encounter this issue with various previous versions of the OS, so the problems common.
Those who search for answers and solutions to fix “Your device isn’t quite ready for Windows Update” state that more commonly, this issue appears when trying to update Windows 10 2004 and gets the error. Windows 10 updates bring various bug fixes and additional features, so people gladly upgrade their machine to solve other issues.
Windows users suffered from various OS update issues. Microsoft started to show this message on the Update page to indicate users that the update should be postponed due to compatibility issues. There is nothing wrong with your computer, but particular measures should take place.
When the process can't be proceeded due to the error, people get frustrated, and some of them might even panic since these PC issues might indicate malware infections when people have little to no knowledge on IT issues. “Your device isn’t quite ready for Windows Update” is not related to any intruder or security issues, so you don't need to panic.
The full issue message:
The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time.
Plenty of issues similar to this have already been addressed on this site, so we can confirm that it is possible to solve the problem and properly upgrade the operating system. It can be fixed, and you don't need to have a particular knowledge of the computer. Sometimes updates are not compatible with a particular driver or software, so upgrading those pieces can fix “Your device isn’t quite ready for Windows Update”.
You can also try to find data on system folders that got affected, using FortectMac Washing Machine X9 before any other solutions. But methods below are particularly easy and should help fix this failed Windows Update issue.
1. Update display drivers to fix “Your device isn’t quite ready for Windows Update”
- Right-click on Start and select Device Manager or search for it.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the driver and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers from the options, so the process is automatic.
Or you can rely on an application like DriverFix that does this driver maintenance automatically. The program runs the check and finds what parts of the machine need updates and download compatible drivers from the databases while saving you time.
2. Turn off Memory integrity
- Press Start.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Choose Windows Security.
- Find Device Security.
- Next, click on Core isolation details.
- Turn the Memory Integrity setting to Off.
- Reboot the PC.
3. Restore the system
- Hold the power button to turn off your PC and then restart the system.
- Press F8 to boot into Safe Mode.
- Log in to your account if required.
- Once the system boots up, disable your antivirus.
- Click Windows key and type system restore.
- Select Create a restore point, select System Restore, and hit Next.
- Select the latest system restore point and click Next.
4. Reset the PC to fix “Your device isn’t quite ready for Windows Update”
- Go to Settings and then Update & Security section.
- Navigate to Recovery to find and click Get Started from the Reset this PC option.
- Choose the option of what happens with your files.
- Finish the operation by following the wizard.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.