Issue: How to turn on wireless capability in Windows?
Hello. I need help from you. I have a Windows laptop and connecting to Wi-Fi. I even get the “Wireless capability is turned off” error. I have no idea what is wrong because I checked the hardware and all the things are ok. The wifi is working on my phone, so I can connect to the internet, apparently. Can you help me fix the issue with my computer?
There are various ways to turn your wi-fi on in Windows machines. Keyboard commands, menu settings, the application preferences. However, these issues with not connecting devices and the internet can be triggered by problems with your machine. It is the best and the easiest way to connect to the network because there is no need to have a cable and you can use your laptop wherever.
The issue when you need to turn on wireless capability is a topic for complaints. People cannot solve the inability of the computer to connect to the wi-fi and it is frustrating. Unfortunately, the issue can be related to various problems on the machine, so troubleshooting is needed and some serious changes might be required to solve the error.
Networking problems can cause such connectivity issues, drivers that are incompatible or outdated can also trigger issues with the functions. Windows Updates and even malware can lead to turn on wireless capability in Windows issues and other problems with the system.
All these issues are frustrating and come out of nowhere, but it is possible to fix the problem and forget about the error entirely. This Wireless capability is turned off the problem can occur while you troubleshoot the issue, so fixes should be offered. However, there are additional solutions for the problem and the main solution for many system problems is the damaged and corrupted data repair. You can rely on RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 or a similar tool that finds and repairs problems in the registry and other folders.
1. Update wireless network adapter drivers
- Open the device manager by holding down the Windows and R keys and putting devmgmt.msc in.
- Do not forget to click OK.
- In the Device Manager, you will find different drivers.
- Go to Network adapters and then expand it.
- Right-click on the drivers and then select Update Driver Software.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Your computer will search online for drivers and updates them.
Another option for driver updates can be DriverFix or similar applications. This is the program that searches and installs needed updates of driver software.
2. Turn on Power management
- Open your control panel.
- Select Network Connections under Network and Internet.
- Right-click on the WiFi or the wireless connection.
- Choose Properties.
- Under the Networking Tab, click on Networking.
- Click on Configure.
- Go to the Power Management tab.
- Then uncheck the box for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
3. Turn on Wi-fi manually
- Click the Windows button.
- Click Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Slide Wi-Fi On, then available networks will be listed.
- Click Connect. Disable/Enable WiFi.
- You can use a keyboard shortcut for the wi-fi connection turn on.
- The connection can also be turned on via lower-left corner settings. You can see the Wi-Fi icon there and click on it to access preferences.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ 'Wireless capability is turned off'. Answers. Microsoft community forum.
- ^ The latest Windows 10 update was meant to fix issues ...but it's caused even more chaos. Express. News.
- ^ Malware. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.