Issue: [Fix] Voice recognition not working: Windows says no internet connection is available
Hello. I try to use the dictation function, and it is not happening. I hit the Win and H buttons and want to start voice recognition, but I get the message that there is no internet connection. The error gives a code 0x800704cf even. Can I solve this somehow?
Voice recognition not working: Windows says no internet connection is available is an error that can be related to the improper update installation or the failure of other processes. The issue can be caused by the synchronization of particular services or applications after the Windows operating system update.
The indication of the particular 0x800704cf error code shows that it can be related to various problems on the machine. However, users mainly report the problem with the voice recognition and the problem with Windows dictation not working: Windows says no internet connection is available.
The issue can be fixed by troubleshooting and finding where the error resides from. But these reasons can be related to updates of the operating system or malicious infections. There are various files and system components that can get damaged or missing when processes fail.
Voice recognition not working: Windows says no internet connection is available is possible to fix this by altering some of the settings or at least checking if those preferences are set properly. As for the particular file damage, you can run ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 to repair and solve these issues with missing system data or malware leftovers that interfere with the proper performance of the computer. You can also update OS again.
You should check to see if the particular connection is okay, reset the router, and reconnect all of the devices before jumping to more difficult solutions. If the internet connection is proper and you do not experience other issues with the internet, network, or other related applications, you need to follow the guide below to solve this.
1. Check DNS and IP address settings
- On your keyboard, hit Windows + R keys and type: ncpa.cpl
- Then on the Ethernet or Wi-Fi network tab, right-click then Properties.
- Make sure you only have these active providers:
Client for Microsoft Networks
Microsoft Network File and Printer Sharing
QoS packet schedulers
- Now, double-click TCP/IP (IPv4) in the list.
- Check Obtain an IP address automatically and at the bottom.
- Check Obtain DNS server addresses automatically.
2. Reset the network Wi-fi card
- Right-click on the Windows start menu and select Device Manager.
- Then expand the network adapters.
- Right-click on the Ethernet or Wi-Fi card.
- Select Uninstall.
- Confirm the uninstallation of the device by clicking on Uninstall.
- Press F5 to refresh Device Manager and reactivation of the network card.
- Reboot the computer to allow Windows to reinstall drivers.
3. Check the Microphone settings
- Launch the Settings app by pressing Win + I.
- Navigate to Privacy & security.
- Go to Microphone.
- Toggle the button next to the Microphone access to enable it.
4. Check language settings
- Press Win + I to launch the Settings app and navigate to Time & language.
- Find Speech.
- Select a language of your choice.
- Also, check the box next to Recognize non-native accents for this language.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.