Issue: How to Change Font Size in Windows 10?
Is there a way to make the font size bigger in Windows 10? It’s too small for me!
Windows 10 is flexible and allows users to make various customizations. Thus, changing font size is also possible.
Users can adjust to alter the size of the text, applications, and other items. However, you might also change the size of user interface objects, such as tile bars, menus, message boxes, etc.
All the necessary adjustments are controlled via Display Settings that can be accessed easily from your desktop once you right-click the empty area.
Here you will find a slide that allows changing the size of the font. By default Windows 10 set the slider to 100%.
However, if these recommended settings are not suitable for you, you can change it simply. If you have problems reading the text, you can turn the slider to 125, 150, 175 or even 200 percent.
If you want to change font size of various user interface entries, you should go to Advanced display settings. Here users can set the font size from 6 pt to 24 pt.
Changing Font Size in Windows 10
If you have recently installed Windows 10, you might have noticed that the font size of the texts, icons and user interface are pretty small.
However, we have already mentioned that you can easily make the font size bigger easily. All you need to do is to access “Display Settings.” Here you will find a slider and advanced options that allow making specific adjustments.
Thus, follow the steps below and make Windows 10 fonts easily readable:
1. Access “Display Settings.” You can do it in two ways:
- Click Windows button and in the search box type “Display Settings,” and click Enter.
- Right-click an empty are on the Desktop. In the appeared drop-down menu choose “Display Settings” option.
2. In the appeared window you will find the slider “Change the size of text, apps, and other items.” By default, the scale is set to 100%. However, you can make the font smaller or bigger by putting the slider to your preferred percentage.
3. When you set the font size, click Apply button below.
4. You will receive a message you will be asked to log out of the account in order to apply the changes. Click Sign out now option.
Once you log in to your account again, you should see the difference. The font size will be increased or decreased. If you are not satisfied with a result, you can go back to the Display Settings and adjust the settings.
If you want to change the font size of user interface elements, such as tile bar, menus, message boxes, and similar entries, please follow these steps:
1. At the end of the “Display Settings” window, there’s an “Advanced display settings” option. Click on it.
2. Choose “Advanced sizing of text and other items.”
3. Here you will find user’s interface elements. Set the preferred font size and click “Apply.”
4. You might also be asked to log out or reboot your computer. It’s necessary to save the changes.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.