Issue: How to Change Mouse Speed in Windows 10?
Hello, I would like to know if it’s possible to speed up computer’s mouse a little bit? I have to read a lot, and I need to roll the mouse wheel numerous times until I end up on the last page of the document. I would love to scroll down to the necessary information faster!
All computer users have different preferences on computer’s mouse speed. Some users prefer rolling the wheel slowly in order not to skip necessary info. Others prefer to end up on the bottom of the page or document within few rolls. Fortunately, Windows are aware of this situation and allow users to customize the speed of the mouse.
Windows 10 is all about the personalized experience. Thus, there’s no surprise that users can change mouse speed too. This feature can be accessed from the main Settings menu under Device options.
Users are offered three major options that can be adjusted based on their preferences. In order to speed up scrolling, users can set the number of lines that are moved up or down within one wheel spin. What is more, people can modify vertical and horizontal scrolling settings that help to set the amount of lines and characters that move up or down after rolling the wheel one notch.
However, Windows allows not only speeding up the scrolling time but slowing it down as well. Both of these settings are accessible via the same settings menu. Thus, we recommend playing a little bit with them and finding the scrolling speed that fits you the most.
Changing the speed of the mouse in Windows 10
In order to make change mouse speed, you need to access Mouse settings. As we have already mentioned, Windows allows increasing and decreasing scrolling speed. Thus, follow the steps below and set how fast your mouse can move through pages, lines, and characters.
1. Click on the Start button and access Settings.
2. From the Settings menu chose Devices option.
3. In the left panel choose “Mouse & touchpad.”
4. In the Mouse settings, you can see what mouse options you can adjust. The first drop down menu allows selecting between two scrolling options – Multiple lines at a time and One Screen at a time. The first option allows setting the number of lines that are moved down or up when you roll the mouse wheel once. Thus, set the slider to the preferred speed mark.
5. Once you customize scrolling options, go a little bit down in the Mouse settings section. You need to find Additional mouse options under Related settings section. Click on it.
6. Additional mouse options trigger new Mouse Properties window. Various tabs allow customizing different mouse features. However, you need to click on the Wheel tab. Here you can see vertical and horizontal scrolling options. Set your preferred adjustments.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
Once the modifications are made and saved, you can test if the mouse moves as fast as you would like it to. You can try various combinations and change mouse speed until you find the best scrolling speed for you.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.