Issue: How to Create a Custom Theme on Windows 10?
I cannot figure out how to create a custom theme on Windows 10. Could you please provide a tutorial?
Windows 10 Creators Update has been rolled out in the beginning of April, 2017, so it counts more than two months already. Most of the Windows 10 enthusiasts have already installed it and do not bother to comment on its advantages and disadvantages. While there are many complaints related to the installation, Wi-Fi problems, Cortana, slowdowns, and so on, most of the users agree upon the fact that Windows 10 Creators Update “is built to empower the creator in all of us.” Microsoft promised that the new build with provide a handful of features enabling people to customize the design and interface to make it personal.
The big changes in the Personalization section
Personalization section can be found in the Settings app, which can be opened by pressing Windows key + I. Here people can customize background, colors, lock screen, themes, start, and taskbar according to their preference. While it’s not a novelty in Windows 10, Anniversary Update did not have the Personalization section or other features that would allow personalizing the whole theme directly. People had to perform various workarounds via Control Panel, which seemed too difficult and tiresome for many. Those who do not opt for an exclusive Windows 10 theme can select one of the default themes or visit Windows Store and download from it as the supply is more than sufficient. However, if you opt for a theme that no one else would have, then go ahead and create a custom theme right now.
IMPORTANT: you won’t be able to use most of the Personalization features if you haven’t activated Windows 10.
How to Create Custom Themes in Windows 10 Creators Update?
1. Download or prepare one or several pictures that you would like to use as background images.
2. Copy and paste them in your system’s local drive.
3. Once ready, press Windows key + I to open Settings app.
4. Select Personalization.
5. Open Background tab on the left pane and click Browse button under Choose albums for your slideshow.
6. Open the folder which holds the pics that you’ve chosen.
7. Then find Colors tab on the left pane and open it.
8. Select an accent color for the custom theme. The system may apply the accent color automatically depending on the colors of the background image.
9. After that, open Themes tab and click Save.
10. Rename the newly created theme.
What if I’m not satisfied with the Custom Theme?
If you have saved the new theme, but it did not met your expectations, you can modify it at any time.
1. If you want to change the settings of the wallpapers, navigate to the Personalization section as explained above and open Backgrounds tab. You can modify the look of the background, as well as change the frequency, shuffle or screen fit.
2. Colors can also be changed. Open the Colors tab on the left pane of the Personalization window. Here you can disable/enable the transparency effect, accent color or select light/dark themes.
3. Customizing the Themes on Windows 10 Creators Update also allows changes on sounds, desktop icon, and mouse cursor. Open Themes tab on the Personalization window and select Advanced Sound Settings, Desktop icon settings and Mouse pointer settings one by one (at the bottom of the page). Customize the settings as you wish and save the changes.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.