Issue: How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Twitter?
I want to protect my Twitter account from hackers. I’ve set two-factor authentication on Facebook, and I would like to do the same on Twitter, but I couldn’t find how to do it.
Adding an extra layer of protection to your social media accounts is always a good idea. Twitter users, as well as Facebook users, can enable two-factor (2FA) authentication. This security method allows verifying your identity before letting you access the account.
Normally, users can access any social media platform by entering their password only. However, 2FA requires entering a unique passcode which is sent via text message or an app. Therefore, if someone steals or guesses your password, he or she still won’t be able to use it because the verification code will be sent to your mobile.
Twitter introduced two-factor authentication in 2013. This service is known as “Login Verification” and can be accessed via Settings using either web or mobile version of the program. Additionally, in 2017 Twitter reported that they support third-party authentication apps as well.
Enabling two-factor authentication on Twitter
When you enable 2FA on Twitter, you will need to enter your password and unique passcode sent to your mobile whenever you log in to the social network via app or web browser. Before you start, you should also know that “Login Verification” feature can be enabled if your email address is confirmed.
Turn on login verification on Twitter via web
- Go to Twitter.com and login to your account.
- Click on your profile icon and from the appeared drop-down menu choose Settings and privacy option.
- Navigate to Account settings.
- Mark the checkbox new Verify login requests option.
- Click Okay, send me a message in the prompt window.
- Once you receive a verification message, click Yes and enter your password.
- You will be delivered instructions. Read them carefully and click Start.
- Click Send code option and enter your phone number. However, if you have already associated your phone number with a Twitter account, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Enter verification code when you receive it and click Submit.
- Click Continue to proceed.
- Click Get Backup Code. Twitter will generate you a specific code. We recommend making a screenshot of because you may need it if you change your phone number or lose the phone.
Enable two-factor authentications on mobile app
Twitter allows turning on 2FA authentication using iOS or Android app. In order to do it, you have to log in to the Twitter app and follow these steps:
- Tap your profile icon and choose Settings and Privacy.
- Go to Account.
- Access Security.
Note: Users who do not have their accounts associated with the phone number will be asked to validate it in order to enable login verification.
- iOS users have to drag the slides, and Android users tick the checkbox to turn on Login verification.
- Tap Confirm/OK to start the enrollment.
- You will see the instructions. Read them and tap Start.
- Tap Send code and add your phone number (if you have a phone number associated with your Twitter account, you will receive an SMS asking to confirm it).
- Enter the verification code and tap Submit.
- Tap Continue to proceed.
- Tap Get Backup Code. You will receive a unique code. We recommend making a screenshot of it. It will be necessary if you change your phone number or lose the phone.
Optimize your system and make it work more efficiently
Optimize your system now! If you don't want to inspect your computer manually and struggle with trying to find issues that are slowing it down, you can use optimization software listed below. All these solutions have been tested by ugetfix.com team to be sure that they help improve the system. To optimize your computer with only one click, select one of these tools:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
A VPN is also crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that you are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speed.
Therefore, to stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will prevent the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can decide to reboot the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost.
Additionally, you might also be attacked by malware that can corrupt your Windows or encrypt files with a robust encryption algorithm, and ask for a ransom in Bitcoin for the decryption tool. Cybercriminals might not deliver what they promised, however, so it is better to attempt alternative file recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data.
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.