Issue: How to Fix 0x0000012B BSOD on Windows 10?
Hi everyone. About a week ago I got a BSOD “FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE” with a stop code 0x0000012B. I’ve rebooted my laptop and the error disappeared. However, yesterday the screen went blue again while I was simply web browsing on Edge. Again, restart helped. But today the same BSOD during the game play online. Could someone please help?
FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE is a blue screen error, which is also known as Error Code 0x0000012B or Stop Code 0x12B. Initially, the problem has been recorded a long time ago, i.e. counting from the release of Windows 10 OS. However, several users have started a discussion about 0x0000012B BSOD on the official Microsoft forum a couple of days ago, so it seems that it hasn’t been fixed permanently. In comparison to other BSOD errors, FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD does not exhibit any extraordinary traits. It shows up unexpectedly and crashes the active program window. The PC user receives such a notification:
STOP Error 0x12B: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file:xxxxxx
Typically, before the emergence of the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, the PC starts running sluggishly, unresponsively (to mouse or keyboard), freezes more often, boots slowly, and so on. Usually, the issue appears due to the damaged ntkrnlmp.exe file, which is one of the Windows OS components. The file might have been corrupted by malware, recent software changes, and similar. Additionally, 0x0000012B BSOD may be fostered by Kaspersky anti-virus, old/corrupted device drivers or RAM corruption. The latter provocative is the lowest expected. Even though BSOD errors often look like fatal, usually they can be fixed without the intervention of Windows-certified technicians. We believe that the fixes provided in this post will help you to fix 0x0000012B BSOD easy enough.
How to Fix 0x0000012B BSOD on Windows 10?
If you have started experiencing 0x0000012B error out of nowhere, there is a couple of easy things that you can try in the first place:
- Boot your PC into Safe Mode with Networking and the go back to the normal mode by restarting the system. Use your PC as usually and check if the problem reoccurs.
- Uninstall Kaspersky or another third-party anti-virus.
- Run Windows 10 BSOD troubleshooter.
- Install all available Windows 10 updates using Windows Update service.
If none of these steps helped you to fix 0x0000012B error, then you may have to try these methods:
Fix 1. Run a scan with an optimization tool
As we have already pointed out, this bug check may occur due to the ntkrnlmp.exe corruption. Such and similar system files are extremely vulnerable to malware, potentially unwanted third-party programs, and other external factors. Therefore, to fix FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, run a scan with FortectMac Washing Machine X9, which is a powerful PC optimization tool with an inbuilt Avira Antivir engine. It will scan for Windows registry damage, corrupted system files, and of course, malware.
Fix 2. Run DISM scan
- Click Win key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command and press Enter after each of them:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once done, reboot the system.
Fix 3. Update Device Drivers
- Press Win key and type Device Manager.
- Open Device Manager. Expand the list of the devices using the left pane and update each of them one by one.
- For this purpose, right-click on the Device Driver, select Properties, and click Update Drivers.
Fix 4. Use System Restore Point
If the previous methods did not help, try to enable a System Restore Point, but for that, you must have created one before. If you did, do the following:
- Hold power button to turn off your PC and then restart the system.
- Before Windows logo shows up, press F8 to boot into Safe Mode.
- Log in to your account if required.
- Once the system boots up, disable your antivirus.
- Click Win key and type system restore.
- Select Create a restore point, select System Restore, and hit Next.
- Select the latest system restore point and click Next.
Fix 5. Try a Clean Boot
- Click Win key and type msconfig.
- Click System Configuration and open Services tab.
- Mark Hide all Microsoft services box and select Disable all.
- Open Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Click on each startup item and select Disable.
- Close Task Manager and click OK on the System Configuration window.
- Reboot the system.
If Clean Boot resolved the FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, it means that the culprit is the software running on the system. To specify it, enable programs one by one and try to recognize, which will trigger the blue screen. We would recommend reinstalling or removing such software if it’s not necessary.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.