Issue: How to fix 22H2 fails to install with error 0x8007000d?
Hello. I tried to install the 22H2 update on my Windows 11 computer but I received the 0x8007000d error. What should I do to install the update?
Installing Windows updates is essential if users want to keep their operating system running smoothly. Updates contain bug fixes, new features, and security patches that protect the system from hackers exploiting vulnerabilities. Recently, Microsoft released 22H2 update for Windows 11. It is meant to improve security, productivity, and the overall user experience.
However, many users struggle with installing the update. We previously wrote about 22H2 Windows 11 update failing with error 0x8007001F-0x3000D. Now, some people receive the 0x8007000d error when trying to update. It is unknown why exactly this happens but a couple of users reported that the problem was fixed after uninstalling NVidia components.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix 22H2 fails to install with error 0x8007000d. Keep in mind that manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process. To avoid it, you can use a maintenance tool like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9. It can fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Click the Windows button and select Settings
- Select System from the left pane, then scroll down on the right pane, and click on Troubleshoot
- Click on Other troubleshooters
- Locate the Windows Update troubleshooter and hit the Run button
Method 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Uninstall NVidia Apps
Some users reported that Windows updates were blocked by the NVidia Control Panel and Experience applications. Try uninstalling them to see if it fixes the issue.
- Go to Apps & Features
- Find NVidia Control Panel in the list
- Click on it and press Uninstall
- Do the same with NVidia GeForce Experience
- After the process is complete, try to update your system
- If the updates are installed successfully, you can reinstall NVidia programs
Method 4. Update Device Drivers
Outdated drivers could be the cause of the error. In this case, you can fix it automatically by using DriverFix, which will scan your PC for missing and out-of-date device drivers. Or you can update them manually:
- Open Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click the Check for updates button
- Click the View optional updates option
- Click the Driver updates tab
- Select the driver you want to update
- Click the Download and install button
If the View optional updates link is not available after checking for updates, then Windows Update does not have any new drivers or any updates for other products at that particular time.
Method 5. Repair Install Windows
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download Windows 11 Installation Media
- Run the Media Creation Tool and select Create Installation Media for another PC
- Select your USB drive
- Let the Process complete of writing the Installation files to the USB drive
- Click Finish
- On the PC you wish to upgrade, Press Windows + E to open the File Explorer
- Open the Removable drive and click Setup.exe
- Accept the license terms on the next screen
- Confirm the Upgrade options – Files, apps and Settings are kept
- Click Install, and the upgrade should start
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.