Issue: How to fix error 0x80080204 when installing games in Windows?
Hello. I have tried to install a game from the Microsoft Store but I received an error 0x80080204 with the message “The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.” How can I fix this?
The Microsoft Store allows users to install, and update various apps at once. It offers various types of software, as well as video games. It is a great option for Windows users as they no longer have to use third-party websites for software installations and risk PUP (potentially unwanted program) and malware installations.
However, not everyone is successful when trying to use the Windows Store. Some users report receiving an error when trying to install a game. The full message reads as follows:
Error 0x80080204: The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.
This can happen for a number of reasons. You might be having issues with your Internet connection, so first check if it is stable. Another common cause for installation errors is Windows services that stop working properly. Usually, the error 0x80080204 when installing games in Windows can be fixed by installing available updates and clearing the cache.
You can also use a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 to avoid a lengthy troubleshooting process. It can fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, clear cookies, and cache which are often the culprits of many malfunctions. Otherwise, you can proceed with the manual troubleshooting guide which is available below.
Method 1. Reset Microsoft Store App
- Press Windows + I keys to bring up Windows Settings
- Go to Apps and click on Apps and features
- Search for Microsoft Store in the search bar
- Click on the Advanced options and press Reset
Method 2. Check for Updates
- Go to Settings, then click on Update and Security
- Press on Windows update and Check for updates
Method 3. Log out of the Microsoft Store account
If there is any bug or corruption error within your user profile that is causing the issue at hand, this method will help ensure that you get rid of it. Just log out of your account and log in again. Then try to install the game once more.
Method 4. Clear Windows Store Cache
- Press the Windows key + X and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin)
- Right-click on that and Run as administrator
- Type in wsreset.exe and press Enter
Method 5. Activate Windows Services
- Press the Windows key + X and choose Computer Management from the list
- Go to Services and Applications, then Services to find Windows Update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and Windows Firewall
- Activate all of these services by going to Properties and pressing the Start button
Method 6. Change DNS Settings
- Log in to the computer with an administrator account
- Open Settings, then go to Network and Internet and choose Network and Sharing Center
- Select the Change adapter settings option
- Right-click the current network connection (local connection or broadband connection), select Properties
- Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), click Properties
- Select Use the following DNS server for manual settings
- In the preferred DNS server Enter: 18.104.22.168 in the secondary DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- After completing the settings, re-enter the Microsoft Store
Method 7. Update Microsoft Store
- Click on the Library icon located in the left corner of the window
- Hit the Get updates button and download all the updates available
- Finally, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.