Issue: How to fix Error Code 0x8019019a in Mail app?
I recently bought a new computer and was getting it ready for work. While setting up my Yahoo account on the Mail app, I received a 0x8019019a error. Is there anything that could be done about this? I'd really like all my email accounts at the same place, and the Mail app seems to be a perfect spot for it… it just doesn't work properly for me.
With Windows 10, plenty of new features were introduced by Microsoft, and the Mail app is one of them. By using it, users can insert any email accounts they have and read or reply to messages within a single app. While there are plenty of alternatives such as Microsoft Outlook, Mail app is free and comes preinstalled along with Windows 10.
While this seems like a good function for convenience, users faced several issues with it over time, and Mail app error code 0x8019019a is one of them (another good example includes 0x86000c09). Users claimed that they were unable to attach their accounts from different providers, such as Google or Yahoo, and instead received an error which reads:
Something went wrong
We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that.
Error code: 0x8019019a
While it is nice to see an apology, it does not help to solve the issue. Thankfully, an error code can point people in the right direction when trying to fix error code 0x8019019a.
People claimed that they tried using both app-specific and email account passwords, which resulted in the same error. Also, for some users, the problem relies on one specific email account, while others claim that the problem is universal, and none of the new accounts can be added to the Mail app.
Each of Windows systems is different, as they hold different sets of configurations, settings, registry entries, installed apps, etc. In other words, Windows is an intricate operating system with plenty of customization options. Unfortunately, it comes at a price, as this does not allow problem fixing universally for everybody. This time is no exception.
That being said, you might have to follow the below-provided instructions until you find the right 0x8019019a error fix that works for you. Before you proceed, we would like to offer you FortectMac Washing Machine X9 – repair software that can find underlying Windows issues, consequently fixing errors, crashes, BSODs,, and other computer problems, automatically.
Fix 1. Run Windows Apps Troubleshooter
Troubleshooters are excellent tools that can diagnose issues within particular apps or features on Windows. They are extremely easy to use and should be tried as a first option to solve this problem:
- Right-click on Windows Start button and select Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- On the left side, pick Troubleshoot
- If you can't see troubleshooters listed on the right, click Additional troubleshooters
- Scroll down until you find Windows Store Apps and press Run the troubleshooter
- Wait till scan finishes and see if any solutions are provided to you.
Fix 2. Update Windows and Mail app to the latest version
Latest Windows updates are extremely important and can often fix issues related to problems users might experience, including the error code 0x8019019a. Make sure you install all the optional updates also:
- Go to Settings > Update & Security section as explained above
- On the right side, go to Advanced options
- Under update options, make sure that Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows option is turned on. If not, click the switch once to move it to On position
- Now go back a step and click Check for updates
- Wait till Windows downloads and installs updates and then reboot your PC.
Fix 3. Reset Mail app
- Right-click on Start button and pick Settings
- Go to Apps
- Scroll down until you find Mail and Calendar entry – click it once
- Select Advanced options
- Scroll down until you see Terminate section – click it
- Then, under Reset, click Reset.
Fix 4. Re-add your e-mail account (generate app password)
Since most users suffering from this problem can't get their Yahoo account to work, we are going to use it as an example in this solution. You will have to log on to your account via the browser and generate a new password for it. But first, you need to remove your account from the Mail app:
- Open Mail app and click Settings at the bottom-left corner of the window
- From the settings menu, pick Manage accounts
- Select the account you are having problems with
- Click Delete account from this device
- When the confirmation window shows up, click Delete
- Re-add your account and see if the issue if solved.
In case you are still experiencing this error, you should open a web browser and log in to your email account through there. Then perform the following steps:
- Click Account info at the top-right
- Go to Account Security section
- Find and click Generate app password
- From the drop-down menu, pick Other App and click Generate
- Now, when adding the Yahoo account, use the password that was given to after being generated via the web browser.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.