Issue: How to fix Mac crashing after Big Sur update?
Hello. I have a problem with my Mac. I installed the most recent update of the OS, and it was all good. However, recently is started crashing and it takes too long to wake up and even restart or load a browser. I haven't installed anything else. Can you help me fix this issue with my Mac crashing after Big Sur update?
Mac crashing after Big Sur update is the problem that is reported by users with 11.0.1, 11.1.1, and 11.2.1, other versions. It seems to be the problem with various devices too because users with iMacs and macOS desktop devices report their frustration with crashes, freezes, application issues.
Frequent system crashes and similar issues with devices can be caused by direct bugs in the update. It is common that Mac crashing after the Big Sur update is triggered by the incompatible system, program versions. You might experience issues with application freezes, general system issues, and browser problems.
Mac crashing after the Big Sur update is not the only issue related to the Big Sur update that interferes with updating the OS directly or frustrates people after the update installation. Users report various issues like errors during updates, display problems, particular application freezes, browser crashes, and so on.
The system management controller might be related to Mac crashing after Big Sur update, so fixing issues with SMC files and other pieces can help fix the problem. SMC is responsible for managing behaviors related to various functions and features, so you might notice corruptions in various places related to:
- Power and power ports;
- Battery and charging;
- Indicators like status indicator lights (sleep status, battery charging status, and others);
- Behavior when opening and closing the lid;
- Browsers and programs in particular.
It is possible to fix Mac crashing after Big Sur update and solve additional issues with programs that fix system files and functions. You can rely on FortectMac Washing Machine X9 or a tool compatible with your device that is similar and falls into the category of system optimizers. Some of your issues can be solved if you trust the compatible application and its functions.
Reset NVRAM to fix Mac crashing after Big Sur update
- Shut down the device.
- Once the Mac is turned on immediately hold Option + Command + P + R keys on the keyboard.
- Hold them for 20 seconds.
- Release when the computer starts to load.
Make sure to have the latest OS update
- Click the Apple to access the menu.
- Choose About this Mac and go for Software Update.
- If there is an update available – install it.
Clear the Safari from incompatible apps to fix Mac crashing after Big Sur update
The crash can be related to the browser crashes alone, if so:
- Go to Menu on Safari and choose Preferences.
- Click Extensions.
- Look through the list and uncheck boxes to each one.
- Close Preferences and quit.
- Relaunch the browser and check if that is helping.
Reset SMC on computers with T2 Security chip
There is a list of machines with the particular Apple T2 security chip. If your device has one, you can fix the Mac crashing issue by:
- Shut the machine down.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the button.
- Wait and press the button again to turn the machine on.
- Then Shut the mac down and follow the steps via keyboard:
Press and hold the Control key.
Press and hold Option/Alt.
Hold the Shift key on the right.
- Keep holding these buttons for 7 seconds or so and press the power button. Your mac should turn off.
- Hold all four keys for 10 seconds.
- Turn on the device.
Reset SMC on other computers
- Shut down the device.
- Hold Shift and Control buttons on your left keyboard side.
- Press and hold the Option button on the keyboard.
- Press the power button while holding all three buttons.
- Hold all of them for 10 seconds.
- Release and press the power button to turn the mac on.
- Go to utilities in macOS recovery.
- Choose Reinstall macOS and click Continue.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.