Issue: How to fix “The system cannot find the path specified?”
Unfortunately, I am unable to use uTorrent. Every time I tried to download a Torrent file, I receive “The system cannot find the path specified” error. I have already attempted to re-launch the program, but it doesn't help. Do you have any solutions?
“The system cannot find the path specified” error is a commonly reported issue that people complain about online. It is possible that file you trying to download got moved to another place or deleted. Specifying the location you want to save the file to may solve the issue, but we provide more in-depth reasons and solutions in this article. You may need to try a few methods to fix the error permanently.
uTorrent is a file which contains metadata about folders and files which are distributed on peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing BitTorrent system. One person may create a torrent file with the metadata and the tracker. If another user wants to download the shared folder, he/she must get the torrent file first.
Later, the tracker included in the torrent file identifies from which person it should download the remaining components of the shared file. Similar to “The system cannot find the file specified” bug, users can encounter “The system cannot find the path specified” error on Windows 10.
Usually, Error: The system cannot find the path specified can occur once the invalid download location is entered. In some cases, the path might include random dots or other characters included by mistake. Thus, users are advised to check it very carefully.
In other cases, The system cannot find the path specified uTorrent error may be caused because other programs are interfering with the file-sharing system. Likewise, you should scan your computer with a trustworthy system optimization software to check for bugs. We recommend using ReimageMac Washing Machine X9.
Furthermore, if the problem persists, you can learn how to fix “The system cannot find the path specified” error on Windows 10 by following the instructions below. There are multiple ways which might be helpful with uTorrent-related problems. Make sure to try them all as some may be more useful than the others.
Fix “The system cannot find the path specified” uTorrent error on Windows 10
The simplest way to fix “The system cannot find the path specified” error is to restart the uTorrent client. You can close the application completely and then re-launch it after a few seconds. Even though this solution does not require advanced IT knowledge, it might be helpful.
Additionally, sometimes there might occur unnecessary dots or spaces in the download path which causes The system cannot find the path specified uTorrent error. Thus, make sure to eliminate all unrelated characters that are disrupting the download process.
If none of the solutions mentioned above helped to fix “The system cannot find the path specified” bug on Windows 10, read the guidelines below. They will guide you through a more advanced procedure which should eliminate all problems related to uTorrent download process.
In this video you will find different methods for fixing this error:
Examine the destination folder properties
- Right-click on the destination folder;
- Select Properties;
- Navigate to the General tab, and search for Attributes;
- If the Read-only box is selected, de-select it and click Apply.
Delete the incorrectly downloaded torrent file
- Right-click on the compromised torrent file;
- Find Remove And;
- Select Delete .torrent + Data.
Fix “The system cannot find the path specified” error by examing issues with uTorrent
- You can try restarting the uTorrent client first. Re-launch the program and see if that does anything to fix “The system cannot find the path specified” error.
- Also, there might be a dot or space in the path that causes issues and makes the path unreadable. Check the path of the torrent file for any dots or spaces before or after the folder name.
- You can also check the length of the path. Windows limits file paths to 256 characters. You may receive the error if the limit is exceeded. Ensure that the location and attributes contain less than 256 characters.
Download the older uTorrent version
“The system cannot find the path specified” error can be caused by the bug in the latest version of the program.
- Examine which version you are using at the time and search for an older variant in Google.
- To see the uTorrent version you can click Help, select About uTorrent.
- Then you should see the particular version.
Change download location manually
- Right-click on the corrupted download;
- Find Advanced and select Set Download Location;
- In the newly opened window select your desired download folder location and click Select folder button;
- Right-click on torrent download again and select Start option;
- You will see your torrent downloading momentarily.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.