Issue: How to fix update error 0x80248007 on Windows 10?
Hello. I need help with error 0x80248007 – it pops up every single time I'm trying to update Windows. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Windows error codes like 0x80248007 are designed to help users with finding a solution for the issue that their operating system encountered. These problems might stem from a variety of different triggers, and Windows updates are precisely where this error code is coming from.
Windows update errors are relatively common – the vast majority prevent users from installing or even downloading updates, while other cases may result in endless boot loops, such as 0x800f084. Luckily, error code 0x80248007 does not possess such a negative side-effect, so it makes it much easier to troubleshoot.
0x80248007 shows up when the users are trying to update the Windows system or drivers via Windows Update. At first, the update starts running successful, but at some point is terminated by 0x80248007 error message, which claims:
There were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help – (0x80248007)
The emergence of this error indicates the fact that Windows Update lacks some crucial files or Windows Update can find Microsoft Software License Terms. Nevertheless, because all Windows machines are unique when it comes to their configuration settings, installed apps, and other traits, there is one universal solution that would help all users fix 0x80248007 error.
Fix 0x80248007 error on Windows
It is important to mention that Windows systems should be updated as soon as new patches come out – updates fix various stability, usability, and other issues, as well as fix occasional bugs. Another reason to perform an error 0x80248007 fix as soon as possible is personal and computer safety, as malware can be used to penetrate vulnerable machines without user interaction.
Before you proceed with manual 0x80248007 error solutions, we would like to suggest you scan your computer with PC repair software RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 – it can replace corrupted system files, fixing issues automatically.
Solution 1. Run Windows Update troubleshooter
Whenever you have Windows update-relate issues such as 0x80248007 error, you should always start with the built-in troubleshooter. Before using the tool, ensure that the internet connection is present on your machine. Here's how to run Windows Update troubleshooter:
- Right-click Start (bottom-left corner of the screen) and select Settings
- From the list, pick Update & Security option
- Click on Troubleshoot at the left side of the window
- Locate Windows Update on the right side and click on it once
- Click on Run the troubleshooter Run Windows update troubleshooter
In case Windows Update troubleshooter returns another error and does not fix 0x80248007, proceed with the next solution.
Solution 2. Reset Windows Update Components
Most users said that clearing some subfolders inside the SoftwareDistribution folder helped them fix the issue. However, the Windows Update service needs to be stopped first for this method to be effective.
- Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter
- Scroll down to locate Windows Update, right-click on it, and select Stop Stop Windows update service
- Press Win + E and go to the following folder: C:\\Windows\\SoftwareDistribution
- Delete the contents of Download and DataStore folders (administrator privileges required)
- Now open Services once again, right-click on Windows Update and pick Start Delete contents of SoftwareDistribution folder
Solution 3. Restart Windows Installer service
In some cases, starting Windows Installer Service resolves the problem:
- Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter
- Locate Windows Installer service, right-click and select Restart Restart Windows installer service
Solution 4. Install Windows updates manually
If you are unable to install certain updates, you can try doing it manually. However, you should first find out which KB number is that you need – here's how to do it:
- Right-click on Start and pick Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- On the right side of the window, click on View update history Update Windows manually
- In here, you will see the list of successfully installed and failed updates. Write down the KB number that recently failed
- Go to Microsoft Update Catalog, type in the update code and hit Search
- Download the appropriate update and install it manually
- Reboot your machine
Solution 5. Reset Windows
If none of the above methods helped you, we suggest you reset Windows. While it may seem like a complicated process that will erase your operating system – it is far from the truth. Microsoft improved the reinstallation process drastically, and there are several methods you can do it without losing your personal files. To find out more, please visit this article.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.
- ^ Device driver. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.
- ^ Software Bug. Techopedia. Where IT and Business Meet.
- ^ How to query the Microsoft Knowledge Base by using keywords and query words. Microsoft. Microsoft Support.