Issue: How to Reset Windows 10 to Factory Settings?
Hi, I am sure that my computer is full of suspicious third-party programs that I can’t remember installing. It would take me a lot of time to uninstall each of them manually, so I was wondering maybe you can tell me how to reset my PC automatically? That would be great. In other words, I am looking for a quick way to restore my Windows 10 to factory settings!
Computer users usually start looking for ways to restore the computer to factory settings when they plan to sell it, someone. In such situation, the user needs to use Windows reset feature. Luckily, Windows 10 operating system provides this function, which allows users to reset the PC to factory settings, and return the OS to a brand-new state, just like the one they got when they first booted the PC. However, pay attention to the fact all the bloatware that you removed will be reinstalled – that is probably the only and only drawback of the Windows reset feature.
If you want to reset your computer because it was infected with malware or you think that someone modified computer settings without your knowledge, you do not necessarily need to reset your Windows 10 computer. Running a system scan with a program like Reimage might be enough. This program can not only detect hardware, security, and stability issues but also fix them in minutes. However, if you came here because you are disposed to reset Windows 10, follow instructions provided below:
How to Reset Windows 10 to Factory Settings?
Method 1. The easiest way to reset Windows OS
- The first thing that you want to do is to click on the Start Menu and then go to Settings.
- Now, go to Update & Security and access Recovery panel.
- Here, you will notice “Reset This PC” section and a Get Started button. Click on it.
- Now, you will encounter a short list of options: Keep my files, Remove everything, and Restore factory settings. Please remember that no matter which option you select, your apps will be eliminated and all changes in settings will be cleared. As a result, you will have to reinstall removed programs and configure system settings starting from scratch.
- If you choose the “remove everything” option, we suggest saving needed information and files on a USB, CD, removable hard drive, or another data storage device beforehand, because this option just wipes out all components proving that you used the PC.
- After choosing this option, select one of the suggested options again – Remove my files and clean the drive (this deletes files and cleans the hard disk) or Just remove my files option (just deletes your files).
- If you wish, read the particulars of the Windows 10 reset and start the procedure by clicking on the Reset button.
Method 2. Reset Windows 10 without logging in
- If you cannot log into Windows, you can easily reset the operating system from Windows 10 Boot Options menu.
- Typically, Boot options menu will be provided to you after 2 or 3 unsuccessful attempts to boot the operating system. If this menu won’t appear automatically, “invite it” this way:
- Hold down the Shift key, and at the same time do the following: click on Power button in the Windows login screen and choose Restart Option. Wait until computer reboots.
- Your PC will boot in Boot Options menu. Here, click on Troubleshoot option.
- Select Reset this PC.
- Choose what you want to do with your files.
- Wait until the full-reset is finished. Click on Continue to finish.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: