Issue: How to fix Windows Script Host Loader.vbs error?
Can you please help me resolve the Windows Script Host Loader.vbs error? This message keeps popping up now and then, and I don't know how to get rid of it. Is there something wrong with my PC?
The versatility of Microsoft Windows is ascribable to its extensive software compatibility and the underlying complex architecture that supports a myriad of functions. Yet, this complexity occasionally leads to certain errors that may perplex even seasoned users. One such confounding anomaly is the Windows Script Host Loader.vbs error. This issue, while not commonplace, is significant enough to cause substantial inconvenience when it does arise.
The Windows Script Host Loader.vbs error typically occurs when trying to execute specific tasks or during system startup. It results from a corrupted or damaged file and often manifests as a system notification error message. The complexity of the error is enhanced due to the significance of VBS files in the Windows operating system.
VBS, or Visual Basic Scripting, files are coded in the VBScript language, a scripting language developed by Microsoft. VBS files are utilized to automate processes within the Windows environment and to execute tasks. They are much like executable files but are generally safe and are a staple in Windows administration. A corrupt or damaged VBS file, like the Loader.vbs in this instance, can lead to an assortment of errors.
When the Loader.vbs error occurs, the crux of the problem typically lies in the corruption or damage of the Loader.vbs file. Solving this issue involves various measures, including performing system checks, running virus scans, removing it with the help of Autoruns, or tweaking the registry.
Here are numerous step-by-step solutions to address this issue. If you're currently experiencing the Windows Script Host Loader.vbs error, you can find comprehensive guides to troubleshoot and rectify the issue below this article. To try to resolve this issue automatically, we recommend running a scan with a comprehensive PC repair tool FortectMac Washing Machine X9.
1. Scan your system with anti-malware
Ensuring your system is free of malware is a critical step in addressing the error. You can utilize any trusted third-party antivirus software or use Microsoft's free tools like Microsoft Defender or the Microsoft Safety Scanner to conduct a thorough system scan and remove any potential threats.
- Type in Windows Security in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Pick Scan options.
- Select Microsoft Defender Offline scan and click Scan now.
- The computer will now restart, and the scan begin.
2. Repair corrupted system files
System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) are two vital utilities built into Windows to help repair system files. SFC scans and restores corrupted system files, while DISM, often used when SFC can't fix a problem, can repair the system image and fix the Windows component store that SFC uses for its repairs.
- Type cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow command and press Enter.
- Wait till Windows runs a check and reboot your device to see if the errors were fixed.
- If SFC was unable to repair damaged files, run the set of following commands:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Close down the Command Prompt and restart the PC.
3. Install all Windows updates
- Type Updates in Windows search and press Enter.
- Here, click Check for updates, and Windows will check if there are new updates available.
- If optional packages are offered, install them too.
- Once done, restart your PC and see if your problem is resolved.
4. Use Autoruns to remove the file
Autoruns is a legitimate tool from Microsoft that can tell you what is booting and running on your system precisely.
- Open your browser and navigate to the official Microsoft website.
- Download Autoruns via the link and extract the RAR file.
- Launch the autoruns64.exe file.
- In the search bar at the top, type in VBS.
- You should see the Loader.vbs entry.
- Right-click and select Delete.
5. Enable Windows Script Host
Some programs or malware infections might disable Windows Script Host. Follow these steps to ensure it is enabled:
- Type regedit in Windows search and press Enter.
- The User Account Control window will ask whether you want to allow changes – select Yes.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following location:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings
- In the right pane, double-click the Enabled entry.
- Make sure the Value data is set to 1 and click OK.
6. Use System Restore
You can restore Windows to its previous state without losing any personal files, provided you have the System Restore feature enabled.
- Type in Create a Restore point in Windows search and hit Enter.
- In the System Protection tab, pick System restore.
- Click Next.
- Click Show more restore points (if available).
- Pick the time before the problem occurred and click Next.
- Your computer will restart.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.