Issue: How to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error?
Need fixes for api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error. It appears when trying to install Adobe Premiere Pro. It shows up as a system error and states that the program can't start due to this dll missing. I tried reinstalling as the message suggests. Is there something I can do about it? Help, please. Thanks!
Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a file that constitutes Microsoft Visual C++. It is one of the system files that are responsible for a smooth run of games such as League of Legends, Age of Mythology, Arma, Dragon Age, as well as other apps – MS Office, SmartFTP, Autodesk, Corel Draw, Photoshop, etc. The issue is only Windows-based and can occur on various versions of the operating system, including Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows XP.
Windows users report this issue when a computer shows an error message stating the missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll while trying to open a program. In most cases, it either means that Universal CRT, a part of Visual C++ Redistributable, has failed to install correctly, or the file got corrupted.
DLL stands for a Dynamic Link Library and relates the external parts of Windows applications. Often this file contains the necessary code that is commonly used by several applications. In other words, if the DLL files can not be loaded within the computer memory, the Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing error occurs.
Unfortunately, since there are a few reasons that can result in a missing DLL, so you need first check if your operating system is updated because, in some cases, Windows have issues and cause this error. Then you can try manually fix the problem with the methods provided below.
Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error fixes
If you are looking for the quickest solution to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error, you should install ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 software or a similar program. These PC repair applications are known as optimization utilities that can automatically scan, detect, and fix PC errors.
Obviously, the error appears because of the missing .dll system file. Without it, a part of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio fails to install. You can do it in several ways.
Fix 1. Launch Windows update to install the Visual C++ Redistributable
Visual C++ Redistributable component is included within a Windows 10 update package, so you should make sure that the latest updates are installed on your machine. Here's how:
- Right-click on Start and pick Settings.
- Scroll down and select Update & Security.
- On the right side of the window, click Check for updates.
- Wait for a while and let all available updated to be installed.
- After that, reboot your PC and repeat the trick with Windows Update.
The majority of the PC users fixed the error this way. If, however, you are less fortunate, then you should try other solutions. Missing updates is not the only reason why this .dll file can get damaged.
Fix 2. Visit the official Microsoft website
If for some reason you are unable to apply Windows updates (for example, you are facing error such as 0x8007045b, 0x80070020, or 0x8024402c), you can download the package directly from the official Microsoft website:
- Go to the official Microsoft website and download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- Now you should get your system-compatible version of the installer:
If you are using Windows 64-bit version, pick the vcredist_x64.exe.
If you are using Windows 32-bit version, select the vc_redist.x86.exe.
- If you are unsure which Windows version you are running, right-click on Start and then pick Settings > System > About. Scroll down a bit and you will find the version under System type.
- Once you download the appropriate executable, launch the installation wizard, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your PC.
Fix 3. Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studios 2015 file
- Go to Control panel > Programs.
- Locate Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable file, right-click it, and choose Change.
- The new window should open up, and then you can choose a Repair option.
- Follow steps on the Repair wizard.
Fix 4. Reinstall the problematic application
If there are only one or several programs that could not be launched due to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error, we recommend removing and reinstalling the problematic software. If you don’t know how to do that, then you should:
- Type in Control Panel in Windows search and press Enter.
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program.
- From the list, look for the related apps among the others, right-click on them and select Uninstall.
- After that, download these programs and install them again.
Other quick solutions
- In case you accidentally removed the .dll, go to Recycle bin, type api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll in the search bar, and wait for the results. In case the file is there, click on it and select Restore.
- If you have access to a different Windows computer, copy the missing file on a removable drive and bring it over to your PC.
- Run a full scan with a professional antivirus. Malware is known to be one of the major causes of various system file corruption and errors.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.