Issue: How to Fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing Error?
Need fixes for api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error. It appears when trying to install Adobe Premiere Pro. It shows up as a system error and states that the program can't start due to this dll missing. I tried reinstalling as the message suggests. Is there something I can do about it? Help, please. Thanks!
Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a file that constitutes Microsoft Visual C++. It is one of the system files that is responsible for a smooth run of modern games, including League of Legends, Age of Mythology, Arma, Dragon Age, and many other applications and tools.
Windows users report about this issue when a computer shows an error message stating about the missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll while trying to open a program. In most cases, it either means that Universal CRT, a part of Visual C++ Redistributable has failed to install properly or the file got corrupted.
Often the error occurs when trying to open Adobe applications, Skype, Autodesk, Microsoft Office programs or Corel Draw and similar commonly used software. DLL is a Dynamic Link Library and relates the external parts of Windows applications. Often this file contains certain code used for running programs and when the OS or software cannot find a specific DLL the message appears.
Unfortunately, since there are a few reasons to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, you need to first check if your operating system is updated because in some cases, Windows have issues and cause this error. Then you can try manually fix the issue with the methods provided below.
Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error fixes
If you are looking for the quickest solution to fix api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error, you should install Reimage software or a similar program. These PC repair applications are known as optimization utilities that can automatically scan, detect, and fix PC errors like broken api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
Obviously, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error appears because of missing .dll system file. Without it, a part of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio fails to install. Therefore, you should fix this issue this way:
- Click Start – Control Panel – Windows Update – Check for Updates
- Wait for a while and let all available updated to be installed.
- After that, reboot your PC and repeat the trick with Windows Update.
The majority of the PC users fixed api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error this way. If, however, you are less fortunate, then you should try other solutions. Missing updates is not the only reason why this .dll file can get damaged.
Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studios 2015 file
- Go to Control panel > Programs.
- Locate Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable file, right-click it and choose Change.
- The new window should open up and then you can choose a Repair option.
- Follow steps on the Repair wizard.
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
- Go to the official Microsoft website and download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- Select the right type of system and follow all the steps.
Fix the error when api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is deleted or missing
- In case you accidentally removed the .dll, go to Recycle bin, type api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll in the search bar and wait for the results. In case the file is there, click on it and select Restore.
- Run a full scan with a professional antivirus. Avoid third-party software because it may not find all unwanted/malicious files, which is why api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll fix may fail.
If there are only one or several programs that could not be launched due to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error, we would recommend removing and reinstalling the software. If you don’t know how to do that, then you should:
- Go to Start (or Windows logo at the bottom left corner) – open Control Panel – Select Programs – then Programs and Features.
- Look for the needed apps among the others, right-click on them and select Uninstall.
- After that, download these programs (from the official websites preferably because third-party sources distribute bundles often) and install them again.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: