Issue: How to fix CTF Loader high CPU usage in Windows?
Hello. Recently I noticed that my Windows computer is getting slower. I found a process in the Task Manager called “CTF Loader” that is using high amounts of CPU. What can I do to fix this?
Operating systems are complex. They rely on thousands of processes working in the background to keep it running smoothly. In Windows, even if one process goes rogue, people can start experiencing bugs, glitches, and errors. Some of the applications and services can malfunction, and start using high amounts of CPU power. This can result in a significant decrease in performance.
Some users have been having problems with CTF Loader (The Collaborative Translation Framework Loader) high CPU usage in Windows. It is an important Windows process that makes sure that certain Windows components are connected and communicate with each other. Windows also use the CTF Loader to offer text support and help activate different input languages in Microsoft Office, known as the Language Bar.
It is unknown what exactly causes CTF Loader high CPU usage but in this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix it. Most of the time, such issues are caused by corrupted system files, missing Windows updates, and malware infections. However, manual troubleshooting can be a lengthy process.
You can also use maintenance tools like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 to fix various system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. This powerful software can also clear up cookies and cache, often the culprits behind many malfunctions. If you want to begin the guide that could fix CTF Loader high CPU usage in Windows, make sure to follow the step-by-step instructions carefully.
Method 1. Check if CTF Loader is not a Virus
Make sure that the CTF Loader process is legitimate. Cybercriminals usually design their malicious programs to imitate original Windows processes.
- Open the Task Manager using Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Locate and right-click on CTF Loader
- Choose Properties from the context menu
- Copy the path next to Location
- Open the File Explorer, paste the copied path into the search bar and press Enter
- Locate and right-click on ctfmon
- Choose Properties from the context menu
- In the Properties window, switch to the Details tab
- Make sure © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved is written next to Copyright
If it is not, we recommend running a scan with Microsoft Defender.
Method 2. Install Windows Updates
- Type Updates in Windows search
- Click Check for updates and wait till the process is finished
- If optional updates are available, install them too
- Once done, restart your system
Method 3. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 4. Disable the Text Input Management Service
- Open the Services app, locate and double-click on Text Input Management Service
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to Startup type and choose Disabled
- Click on Apply and OK
Method 5. Prevent CTF Loader From Starting
- Open the Start Menu, type Task Scheduler and press Enter
- Double-click on the Task Scheduler Library option to expand it
- Head towards Microsoft, then Windows
- Locate and double-click on TextServicesFramework
- Select and right-click on MsCtfMonitor and choose Disable from the context menu
Method 6. Run System Restore
If none of the previous steps helped you solve the high CPU issue, you can try restoring your system to a previous point, before the problem started.
- Go to the Start menu, type
restore, and click on Create a restore point
- Click System Restore, then follow the prompts until you can select a restore point
- Select the one you want (ideally before the CTF Loader high CPU usage started) and go ahead with the process
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ Jon Martindale. What is a CPU?. Digitaltrends. Computing Blog.
- ^ Chris Hoffman. Everything You Need To Know About the Blue Screen of Death. Howtogeek. Tech Insight Magazine.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.