Issue: How to fix Localbridge.exe Bad Image error 0xc000012f?
Hello, I keep getting an error LocalBridge.exe Bad Image error 0xc000012f. I can't use many of the main Windows functions, such as the Start button and some Windows apps (Paint, Windows Store, etc.). This seriously handicaps my Windows 10 usage. Is any help available for this?
Multiple users have complained about LocalBridge.exe Bad Image 0xc000012f error for quite some time now – on various IT forums. The error pops up at random times and greatly limits the functionality of main Windows functions, including Windows Start button, Task Manager, Search bar, Windows built-in apps such as Windows Store, etc. Therefore, it can be extremely frustrating for many users, and the need to fix LocalBridge.exe Bad Image error 0xc000012f is of the utmost priority.
As evident, the 0xc000012f this time refers to LocalBridge.exe – a process that mainly relates to the Microsoft Office suite, which includes applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote, and many others. Due to its nature – in case of malfunction – it might hinder the operation of vital Windows functions.
The code can also refer to other applications, however, such as OneDrive.exe, Origin.exe, AfterFX, and many others. In this article, we will focus on the LocalBridge.exe Bad Image error 0xc000012f fix, as the solution might differ for other cases. This particular error reads as follows:
C:\\Windows\\System32\\Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator of the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f
While the description might be quite confusing, the problem is not that difficult to understand. LocalBridge.exe Bad Image 0xc000012f error occurs when the associated program's binary is corrupted, hence Windows is unable to load it correctly. In particular, the Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.dll component is at fault.
Therefore, the main goal is to repair the executable – and there are several ways of doing that. Keep in mind that each Windows computer is different, thus there can not be a unified solution for every one of them. Below we provide ways to fix LocalBridge.exe Bad Image error 0xc000012f, which should allow you to take back control of your PC.
Before you begin, we highly recommend you try using FortectMac Washing Machine X9 – it might be able to repair many broken Windows functions automatically. The operating system is a complicated mechanism, and in some cases, underlying issues can cause major ones. Automatic repair tools are great for such a purpose, so we highly encourage you to try them.
Fix 1. Use Disk Cleanup function
One of the main solutions for LocalBridge.exe Bad Image error 0xc000012f is to clean your disk from junk. You can use the built-in Windows feature for that:
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog
- Type in cleanmgr and press Enter or click OK
- If your Windows is installed on drive C, pick it from the list (should be by default) and press OK
- Mark the Setup log files, Recycle bin, and Temporary files
- Click Clean up System Files and wait till the process is finished.
- Reboot the computer and see if the problem persists.
Fix 2. Run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Program compatibility is crucial and can cause major issues if an incorrect version is installed.
- Press Win + R, type in ms-settings: and press Enter
- Here, go to Update & Security
- On the left, pick Troubleshoot
- On the right, you will find the list of Troubleshooters (if not, select Additional Troubleshooters – this ca nary depending on your Windows version)
- Find Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Click on it once, and select Run the troubleshooter
- Wait till scan completes – Windows will report the findings and will attempt to fix issues automatically.
Fix 3. Run SFC and DISM tools
Built-in System File Checker and DISM can help you repair issues with Windows system files. Here's how:
- Press Win + R and type in cmd
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Command Prompt as Administrator
- If User Account Control shows up, press Yes
- Type in the following command and press Enter:
- When scan completes, reboot the PC
- If that did not help, type in the following command in Command Prompt and press Enter:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Reboot once again.
Fix 4. Uninstall potentially defective Windows update
Some Windows updates can create problems. In case LocalBridge.exe Bad Image 0xc000012f error issue began after an update to your operating system, it is likely that it did not install correctly, or maybe some files were corrupted during the installation. Thus, you should uninstall the latest updates and then re-launch the update:
- Press Win + R and type in appwiz.cpl
- In here, select View installed updates option located on the left side of the window
- Sort the updates by date (Installed On column)
- Select the newest update and pick Uninstall
Fix 5. Use System Restore
If none of the above methods helped you, you can try running System Restore. Don't worry about your personal files, they will remain intact, although apps that were installed during the time after the restore point will be deleted.
- Press Win + Pause or Win + Break on your keyboard
- Select Change settings at the bottom-right corner of the window
- Go to System Protection tab and select System Restore
- Select the appropriate restore point, press Next and follow on-screen instructions to finish the process.
Finally, you can factory reset Windows without losing your files, so this solution, while sounding scary (it isn't – Windows reset is nowadays a very straightforward process), might help you fix 0xc000012f error once and for all.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.