Issue: How to Fix Error Code 0xc000012f on Windows?
I’ve been trying to solve 0xc000012f error issue for the past two days, but I’m really getting impatient. I’ve installed Windows updates, but the problem remains. Here is the error message:
“C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.” Could you please tell me what should I do?
0xc000012f is the code that distinguishes the error from the others and explains why it occurred, which system components have triggered it, and some other information when making a research on it. This bug is Windows specific and seems to be prevailing on Windows 8 and 10 versions.
Usually, it is caused by misconfigured system settings, corrupted registry entries, excessive startup programs, fragmented files, and similar. Not to mention, 0xc000012f error may also occur due to precarious applications or virus infections.
Unfortunately, but the pop-up or BSOD error reporting about 0xc000012f error code is not the only problem what so ever. This bug is always accompanied by system slowdowns, crashes, programs work slower and lag when responding.
What steps should be taken to fix 0xc000012f error on Windows?
If you have started receiving an error with the code 0xc000012f all of a sudden, this means that your Windows operating system malfunctions in some way and requires either optimization or full restore. Or both.
Thus, our recommendation would be to start from optimizing you’re the system because it as easy as pie. Download Reimage and follow its installation setup. After that, set it to run a full system scan and see what it detects. Finally, choose to fix all issues and then reboot your PC.
Alternatively, there are several things that you can try in order to fix 0xc000012f bug manually.
Option 1. Clean up junk files
- Press Win key + R simultaneously.
- Type cleanmgr and hit Enter.
- Then select OS partition and press OK.
- Finally, select Clean up System Files and wait for the process to finish.
Option2. Run sfc/scannow
- Click Win key + S and type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Let the system perform the repair automatically.
- After that, reboot the system.
Option 3. Uninstall Cumulative Windows 10 update
Some specialists claim that 0xc000012f error code is caused by KB2879017 update. Therefore, if you have recently installed it, you should uninstall it right away.
- Open Settings app.
- Navigate to Update & security -> Windows Update.
- Select Advanced options and then click View your update history.
- After that, select Uninstall updates.
Option 4. Use a System Restore Point
If you can’t uninstall Windows updates for some reason, then you can use a system restore point. However, this can only be done if you have created such point before. If you have, the perform the following:
- Click Win key and type Create a Restore point in the search bar.
- Select System Protection on the new window.
- Click on System Restore and then hit Next.
- Select the last Restore point that you have created and then click Next.
- Click Finish and wait for the system to restore. After that, restart the system.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.