Issue: How to fix “MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error”?
Hello. I have encountered an “MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error” BSOD message. What could have caused it?
Windows is one of the most successful operating systems in the world developed by Microsoft. It is widely used in offices and in homes. People love it for its user-friendly interface, built-in troubleshooters, and customization abilities. However, the system relies on thousands of processes to keep it running smoothly. So if one of them malfunctions, users can experience crashes, bugs, and performance issues.
Some users have been encountering an “MSVCP110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error” message either on a blue screen of death or when trying to launch certain applications. Missing DLL errors are not uncommon and many users can say they experienced them throughout their time of using Windows. We have previously written about MSVCR80.dll, gdi32full.dll, StartUpCheckLibrary.dll, and many others.
A DLL (Dynamic-Link Library) contains code and data that can be used by more than one program at the same time. You may see the MSVCP110.dll error because important system files are corrupted and are causing the system directory to be unable to find this file. The error can also appear after an attempted installation of an update that failed or a corrupt installation.
Some users report that MSVCP110.dll after a Windows 10 update. The error may prevent users from using certain apps and services. If you receive the message when you are trying to launch a specific program, first try to reinstall it. It may fix the issue. If not, we have a 5 step guide that could help you fix it.
If you want to avoid going through all the possible troubleshooting options, we recommend you use a maintenance tool like RestoroMac Washing Machine X9. It can fix various system errors, corrupted files, registry issues, BSoDs automatically so you do not have to. If you already tried that, and it did not work or you want to solve this manually, proceed to the guide below:
Method 1. Update Windows
- Type Updates in Windows search and press Enter
- In the new window, click Check for updates
- Install everything available (including optional updates)
- Reboot your system
Method 2. Re-register msvcp110.dll
- Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open the Run box
- Type regsvr32 /u msvcp110.dll and click OK
- Close the Run command window
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box again
- Type regsvr32 /i msvcp110.dll and press OK
- Close the Run command window and check if the issue persists
Method 3. Repair Visual Studio
- Find the Visual Studio Installer on your computer
- In the Visual Studio Installer, look for the installation of Visual Studio that you want to repair. Then choose Repair from the More dropdown menu
Method 4. Install Visual C++
- Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
- Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update
Method 5. Upgrade Install
- Download Windows 10 installation media from the official page
- Once installed, run the tool with administrator privileges
- On the License terms page, select Accept
- On the What do you want to do? page, select Upgrade this PC now and then select Next
- Wait for the upgrade to finish
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.
- ^ What is a DLL. Microsoft. Documentation.
- ^ Tim Fisher. What Is the Windows Registry?. Lifewire. Software and Apps.
- ^ Blue screen of death. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.