Issue: How to Fix "Runtime Error – C:WINDOWSSystem32atibtmon.exe“ on Windows?
When I choose the power option on the power button, a system error pops up: “Runtime Error! Program: C:\WINDOWS\System32\atibtmon.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it unusually. Please contact the application‘s support team for more information.“ What does cause it?
Runtime Error C:\WINDOWS\System32\atibtmon.exe error message is related to graphics drivers and desktop resolution settings. In addition, the issue might have been triggered by interference with Catalyst Control Center software. Due to mismatch, you might notice this error. Though the error is common, there is a solution for it. We present tow options.
Option 1. Change power plan settings
- Click Start button and type power options. If this error appears on Windows 7 or 8 version, right click on the charge icon.
- Enter the settings and opt for Change plan settings. Windows 10 users will be able to benefit from Create a power plan option.
- Select Change advanced power settings.
- Once the new tab appears, select ATI Graphics Power Settings.
- Click on the plus sign and expand further options.
- Choose ATI PowerPlay Settings.
- Locate On Battery and Plugged In.
- The option On battery might be ticked. Thus, relocate the choice and mark Maximum Performance.
- Finish the action by clicking OK.
Windows 10 users may change the former settings faster. Under Create a Power Plan, users may opt for High performance. It performs the same function.
Option 2. Uninstall AMD Catalyst Control Center application
In some cases, the former application might be the cause of the problem. Some users reported it to interfere with drivers. The user under the name of Yazzafox has suggested an alternative solution of renaming the atibtmon.exe file. More information about how to do that, you may find in other online sources. Here is how you can uninstall the software.
- Click Start button, type apps.
- Enter Apps and Features/Programs and Features settings.
- Locate AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
- Click Uninstall or Remove.
You can also uninstall the program with the official utility issued by the AMD themselves. On the final note, you might also check the integrity and safety of your device with Reimage. In some cases, similar alerts might have been caused by malicious presence.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: