Issue: How to fix Windows Defender error 0x80073b01?
Hey, I have an issue with my computer. I get the error related to Windows Defender, and the code of the error is 0x80073b01. The pop-up appears from the Microsoft Security Client when I click on the failed defender. I still run Windows 8, so I consider upgrading to 10. Is it possible that would fix the issue? Can you explain this error and offer some solutions?
An error like this can occur when you start or try to start the Windows Defender. Leftovers of the thrid-arty antivirus tools possibly cause it. You should thoroughly uninstall the program and all the applications that may interfere with the inbuilt security solution. Users report the issue because it affects the machine's security and raises concerns.
Windows Defender error 0x80073b01 can be fixed by upgrading your operating system and even updating to Windows 10. Running the system file repair and cleaning can also help to fix the problem for you. If you already run Windows 10, patching and fixing specific OS bugs can always be a good idea.
Anti-malware tools often get to interfere with Windows Defender and other processes or programs, so getting a different application or uninstalling the one you have can solve the common problem. Malware can be controlled by the Windows Defender perfectly, so you don't need to run a few tools simultaneously to keep the machine secure.
When the operating system is cont complete, issues occur. Also, various features have bugs and temporary issues that get fixed with troubleshooting or quick updates. The error 0x80073b01 triggers frustration, but the problem is common and can get fixed. You can run RestoroMac Washing Machine X9 and check for the file damage and issues with leftovers.
This tool can clean damage and affected parts automatically for you. Then you can move on to proper solutions and fix Windows Defender error 0x80073b01 yourself with the methods listed. Do not skip and pay close attention to all the steps in the instructions.
Fix 1. Uninstall third-party software
- Press the Windows key and type in Change or remove a program.
- Find your third-party security software.
- Press Uninstall near the top of the window.
- Follow the instructions until the software is removed.
- Restart your device.
- Windows Defender should be working fine now.
Fix 2. Update Windows
- Go to Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Choose Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates and see if there are any updates available.
- If there are, proceed with installing them and reboot after.
Fix 3. Run DISM command
- Right-click Start and open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Paste the following command and press Enter:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait until the scan is finished.
- Restart your computer.
Fix 4. Run SFC
- Press the Windows key and type in CMD.
- Choose Run as administrator.
- Type in the following command, and press Enter to execute it:
- Once the process is complete, your problem should be fixed.
Fix 5. Alter the registry
- Press Windows + R to open Run box.
- Type in regedit and press Enter.
- Go to the following address and delete the msseces.exe entry from both of them:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/WindowsNT/Current Version/Image File Execution Options
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.
- ^ How To Fix WINDOWS.DEFENDER error code (0X80073b01). Answers. Microsoft community forum.
- ^ Barry Collins. New Windows 10 Patch Solves Several Irritating Bugs. Forbes. Media company.
- ^ Malware. Wikipedia. The free encyclopedia.