Issue: How to fix Windows installation error 0xC1900101 – 0x30017?
Hello. I tried to upgrade my Windows 10 PC but during the update, it starts showing messages “Attempting to recover installation” and “Undoing changes made to your computer.” After that, it displays the 0xC1900101 – 0x30017 error. What could be the problem?
Windows is one of the most popular operating systems so there should be no questions why people try to update or upgrade their machines. Newer versions introduce various functions, security patches, and so on. Unfortunately, for some people, the Windows installation fails and gets interrupted by errors.
Some Windows users have been met with the installation error 0xC1900101 – 0x30017. It is unclear what exactly could be causing this. Sometimes the installation could be prevented by outdated drivers, corrupted files, third-party security software, and previous Windows installation files.
The manual troubleshooting process could take a while because it is unclear what exactly is causing the issue. You can try using an automatic solution ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 to avoid going through all of the possibilities. This repair tool can identify the damaged system components, fix BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues with the click of a button. This software could also be used to free up space by clearing cookies and cache, which should boost the device's performance.
In this guide, you will find 5 methods that could help you fix the Windows installation error 0xC1900101 – 0x30017, including some additional steps at the end of the article. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and in an orderly manner.
Method 1. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 2. Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Software
Some security programs might be conflicting with Microsoft servers and data packages that they send during the activation process, mistakenly perceiving these servers as insecure. Thus, it is known that removing AV software helped some users when trying to fix Windows errors.
- Right-click the antivirus icon and select Disable
- You can also double-click the antivirus icon and look for a Disable option there
- You also have the option to remove the program completely by going to Apps & Features
Method 3. Delete the Windows.old folder
- Open Windows Disc Cleanup application. Click on the Start button and use Windows search to find this program.
- Open the program and choose the main system drive. Click on Clean up system files button and wait for a couple of minutes while Windows completes the scan
- When you receive scan results, you will find a list of different files and how much disk space the use. For instance, you will see Recycle Bin, Temporary files, and more. However, you should look for Previous Windows installation(s) and check this option
NOTE. Make sure that deleted only this file to avoid accidental loss of other data
- Click OK to confirm the deletion
Method 4. Delete the SoftwareDistribution Folder
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run command box
- Type services.msc and click OK
- In Services control panel locate the Windows Update service
- Right-click on Windows Update service and select Stop
- Now open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\\Windows folder
- Find and Delete the SoftwareDistribution folder
Method 5. Perform a Clean Installation
Performing a clean install wipes out data from the PC, so please create backups before you proceed.
- Download the ISO file
- Select Create installation media for another PC and click Next
- Select ISO file and click Next
- Click Finish
- Open the Windows ISO file you downloaded
- Open Setup and click Next
- Click Accept (Be prepared to wait; this next part may take a while)
- Click Install
- Wait for your system to restart and install Windows
Additional steps that could help fix Windows installation error 0xC1900101 – 0x30017:
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.