Issue: How to fix Windows Update KB5010342 fails to install issue?
Hello. I have an updated and great working HP laptop, but I get Windows Update KB5010342 issues. It fails to install the upgrade. It is not that outdated because I frequently to updates, but this issue bothers me and I think it is something hidden there that causes the problem. Help me!
Windows Update KB5010342 fails to install issue is the problem occurring when the person cannot install the Windows 10 system update. Users complained about this recently, and if you are one of the ones that encounter the issue you are not alone. The issue also delivers error codes like 0x800F0922 or 0x80073701 often. The issue is related to particular Patch Tuesday update KB5010342.
It is common for some updates to fail or cause issues when not properly installed on that machine. Those error codes can differ and indicate particular issues that keep the machine from installing the Windows 10 upgrades. You might also experience issues when the installation starts but gets stuck on the downloading step.
This is not a critical issue like errors with the blue screen of death or problems that lead to crashes and damage or failure of the serious parts of the machine. Windows Update KB5010342 fails to install issue because of the computer's inability to connect to the needed update server. There might be some issues with memory space and system reserved partition.
One of the common triggers for such update failure errors is the corrupted databases or files on the machine that lead to the upgrade process being stuck. You might struggle with the issue because of the problems with system files. If so, there is a way to fix Windows Update KB5010342 fails to install issue. You can automatically find such problems and remove them by repairing needed files. ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 helps with such issues. Also, there are more manual solutions that are listed in the guide below.
1. Ensure that services are running
- Click Start, type services.msc in the Search box.
- Click services.msc in the programs list.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK. If the status is Running, click Restart.
- Double-click Windows Update.
- If the Startup status lists Stopped, click Start and then click OK. Restart id process is running.
- Double-click Workstation.
- Make sure the status is Start and then click OK. If the status is Running, click Restart.
- Close the Services window.
2. Rename software distribution folders
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll down until you find the Windows Update service.
- Right-click on Windows Update service and select Stop.
- Navigate to the Local Drive (C:) and find Windows.
- Locate the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Right-click on the SoftwareDistribution folder and select Rename.
- Rename it to SoftwareDistributionOld.
- Start Windows update services again.
- Reboot your PC and check if the problem was resolved.
3. Troubleshoot Windows Update
- Right-click on the start menu select settings.
- Click on Update & Security then Troubleshoot.
- Click Additional troubleshooters.
- Under the Get up and running section, select the Windows Update option.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button and follow on-screen instructions.
- Let the troubleshooter diagnose and resolve any issues.
4. Change DNS settings
- Press Windows key + R, type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
- Right-click on active network adapter (Ethernet or WiFi), select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4).
- Then click Properties.
- Now select the radio button and enter the following DNS server address:
Set preferred DNS server 18.104.22.168 and alternate DNS server 22.214.171.124
5. Run SFC scan
- Type cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on Command Prompt search result and select Run as administrator.
- If the UAC window shows up, click Yes.
- Next, type in the following command and press Enter:
- Wait for the end of this process.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.