Issue: How to fix long audio delay before starting in Windows 11?
Hello. After I upgraded to Windows 11, my audio files start playing about 20 seconds after they start or they do not play at all. The issue is present in files on my computer and on websites. Any tips would be appreciated.
The newest version of Windows – Windows 11 was released by Microsoft in 2021 but users still keep encountering major issues. We previously wrote about Windows 11 problems, such as taskbar icons not working, clock and date missing, and File Explorer lagging.
Recently, many people started experiencing audio issues after upgrading to Windows 11. Users describe the problem as a long audio delay before starting. The bug seems to affect some apps, like Powerpoint, audio files on the computer, and browsers as well. The problem is quite mysterious as there is no single fix that resolved it for everyone.
Some users tried to switch back to Windows 10, and some were successful – the audio delay was gone. However, for others – the malfunction returned after some time. In this guide, you will find 5 steps that could help you fix the long audio delay before starting in Windows 11. If unfortunately none of them will help, you can also try to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10 as a last resort.
For some users, the issue was fixed by updating device drivers, and others had to contact their PC manufacturer as the issue was found to be caused by hardware issues. If you want to avoid a lengthy troubleshooting process, we recommend using a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, proceed with the manual instructions provided below.
Method 1. Install Windows Updates
- Click Start on the taskbar
- Select the Setting app pinned to the Start menu
- Click Windows Update on the left side of Settings
- Press the Check for updates button to download and install new patch updates
- You can also install optional updates by going to the Advanced tab
Method 2. Repair Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Update Audio and Graphics Card Drivers
- Type Device Manager in the search area of your taskbar and click Open
- Inside the Device Manager window, expand the Display drivers option
- Right-click on the faulty Display driver and select Update from the context menu
- Now expand the Audio inputs and outputs, find the driver, and update it
- If this did not help or Windows was unable to find any updates, use a utility like DriverFix that can find the best drivers for your system and install them automatically
Method 4. Contact the Manufacturer of Your PC
The problem may be caused by the compatibility issues between your hardware and software. Many users report the audio delay issue with Dell computers so you can contact them to help you fix it. You may have to send your devive for repairs or replace it. If you have a Dell PC and encounter a long audio delay issue on Windows 11, contact Dell support.
Method 5. Clean Install Windows 11
- Go to the official Microsoft page
- Open the Select Download dropdown, pick Windows 11, and hit the Download button
- Select your product language from the Choose one dropdown, hit Confirm, then click 64-bit Download
- When the .ISO file finishes downloading, right-click on it and pick Open with > Windows Explorer to mount the virtual disc, then double-click the setup file to begin the installation
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.