Issue: How to fix Microsoft Store error 0x800B010FI in Windows?
Hello, every time I try to use Microsoft Store, I receive an error 0x800B010FI. Is there anything that could be done to fix this because it's really annoying, I can't download or update any apps on my PC?
Thanks to Microsoft Store, users can get almost any app they want through the official marketplace built right into their operating systems. It was initially released as Microsoft Store back in 2012 with the launch of Windows 8, and since then has been an integral part of any Windows system. It's convenient and easy to use; besides, it prevents users from having to go to third-party sources to download new apps – an action which in itself poses security risks.
While the Store is a secure and useful addition to every user, it does not avoid issues. Most recently, users have been complaining about an annoying error 0x800B010FI, which can occur under different circumstances. Some people said that they were unable to update or download some apps, and the error happened occasionally. In the meantime, other users claimed that the error makes the MS Store practically useless, as they receive it every time they try to use the app.
In fact, Windows Store errors are not something uncommon, and we have already covered errors like 0x87E10BCF, 0x80073D01, 0x8D050002, and many others. In many cases, users are very confused about why the issue occurs in the first place, and, since the error message does not provide any significant details, they don't know where to even start.
0x800B010FI, just like similar Microsoft Store errors, can be related to a myriad of underlying issues, such as system file corruption, connectivity issues, Microsoft servers, buggy caches, incorrect date and time, malware infections, and more.
In this article, we provide all the necessary troubleshooting steps in order to fix the 0x800B010FI error in Windows machines. Before you proceed with the solutions below, we would like to recommend running a scan with ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 utility that can find and fix underlying Windows issues automatically, resolving BSODs, crashes, DLL errors, and more.
Fix 1. Run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
If you are receiving the error only sometimes, it is recommended you run a troubleshooter as your first solution.
- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter
- Click Additional troubleshooter on the right
- Scroll down to find the Windows Store Apps entry
- Select it and click Run the troubleshooter
- Apply the fixes and restart your system.
Fix 2. Fix corrupted files
- Type cmd in Windows search
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
- User Account Control should pop up – click Yes
- Type this command and press Enter:
- Wait for the scan to finish
- As soon as the scan finishes, Windows will report whether integrity violations were found and if they could be fixed. Regardless of the outcome, use these commands next, pressing Enter after each:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Restart your system.
Fix 3. Apply all Windows updates
Try updating Windows to fix possible bugs.
- Type Updates in Windows search and press Enter
- Here, press Check for updates
- Wait for Windows to install the available updates
- If you see any optional updates – install them too
- Restart your system.
Fix 4. Reset Microsoft Store cache
- In Windows search, type wsreset, and press Enter
- Wait till a black window shows up – do not close it
- Once it's gone, Microsoft Store should restart
- Try using MS Store once again.
Fix 5. Reset the Store app
If the previous method did not help you, you could opt for a more thorough reset as follows:
- Right-click on Start and pick Apps & Features
- Scroll down to locate Microsoft Store and click Advanced options
- Click Terminate and Reset.
Fix 6. Check for internet connectivity issues
If there are disruptions caused by the internet connection, you can try resetting it and see if that helps:
- Type cmd in Windows search and hit Enter
- When User Account Control shows up, click Yes
- Copy and paste each of the following commands, pressing Enter every time:
netsh winsock reset
- Restart your PC.
Other common fixes
In some cases, the issue may lie within simple solutions. Therefore, we recommend trying the following:
- Restart your computer and try running the update process once more.
- Scan your system with security software to ensure no malware is involved.
- In some cases, third-party software that interferes with network connectivity can cause the 0x800B010FI error. Thus, you should disable or uninstall third-party firewalls, VPNs, anti-malware, and similar apps.
- Ensure your time and date settings are correct. Right-click the time on your taskbar and select Adjust date/time. Make sure the Set time automatically option is ticked, and then click Sync now below.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.