Issue: How to fix NVIDIA Web Helper.exe – Bad Image error on Windows?
Hi, every time I turn my PC on, I receive an NVIDIA Web Helper.exe – Bad Image error, which prevents me from doing pretty much everything. Is there anything that could be done to fix this?
Nvidia is pretty much the largest tech company that designs graphics processing units (GPUs), with its most known brand GeForce. Without a doubt, in order for the video cards to work correctly, a corresponding software must be installed, including drivers. In this article, we will provide solutions on how to fix NVIDIA Web Helper.exe – Bad Image error, which users claimed to be encountered out of the blue.
NVIDIA Web Helper.exe system error commonly shows up when Windows is booted – on startup. While some people claim that this started happening right after their installed the latest Windows updates, others pointed out that the occurrence came out seemingly out of nowhere.
The error message text states the following:
NVIDIA Web Helper.exe – Bad Image
C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x0000006.
While MSVCP140.dll is the most common missing component, MSVCR120.dll, and a few others, along with different error codes (0xc000012F, for example), might also be mentioned. These DLL files are a part of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and are responsible for allowing run-time applications to run correctly.
The below solutions should help you fix NVIDIA Web Helper.exe – Bad Image error, but don't expect it to be a quick one. Since there are several reasons for the issue to arise, there is no solution that would work for everybody. Nonetheless, because the main reason for the error is missing DLL files, we highly recommend you try to fix your Windows with an automatic repair tool FortectMac Washing Machine X9. By using this app, you will save a lot of time and will have a backup plan for everything that goes wrong in your Windows PC.
Method 1. Update your operating system
Installing the latest Windows updates is an absolute must if you are having troubles with the OS.
- Type in Updates in Windows search and press Enter
- In the new window, click on Check for updates
- Wait till Windows installs the most recent updates
- Restart your computer and see if the problem persists.
Method 2. Reinstall Nvidia drivers
First of all, you should uninstall your current Nvidia drivers as explained below:
- Right-click on Start and pick Device Manager
- Expand Display adapters section
- Right-click on your GPU and select Uninstall Device
- In the warning pop-up, make sure your check the Delete the driver software for this device box and press Uninstall
- Reboot your PC
- This should completely remove Nvidia drivers from your device.
Now you need to download and install the most recent drivers for your GPU. While you can go browse the official Nvidia support website and do it manually, we highly recommend you try an axiomatic driver updated DriverFix. By using the app, you will be able to update all drivers with just one click and ensure that the correct drivers are being implemented.
Method 3. Run System File Checker and DISM tools
In order to fix corrupted system files, run an SFC scan in an elevated Command Prompt:
- Type cmd in Windows search
- Right-click on Command Prompt result and pick Run as administrator
- Type in sfc /scannow in the new window and press Enter
- Wait till scan finishes and then restart your PC.
If the scan returns with an error (for example, the message says that file integrity violation errors could not be fixed), you should try to repair the Windows image with the following commands (don't forget to press Enter after each):
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 4. Reinstall other Nvidia software
If reinstalling Nvidia drivers did not help you, you should try reinstalling other Nvidia components, such as GeForce Experience.
- Right-click on Start and select Apps & Features
- Scroll down until you see Nvidia GeForce Experience application
- Click on it once, the go for Uninstall
- Confirm with Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions
- Once done, go to the official Nvidia site and re-download the software.
Note: you can try reinstalling other Nvidia components, such as Nvidia Physix System Software.
Method 5. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 Redistributable
Since the missing DLL files are a part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable, reinstalling the package should be able to help you fix NVIDIA Web Helper.exe Bad Image error. This package is typically installed with Windows updates, and if something goes wrong in this process, it might be the reason why you are getting this error. Thus, reinstall it as follows:
- Type in Control Panel in Windows search and hit Enter
- Go to Programs > Uninstall a program
- From the list, find all entries that belong to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019, right-click and select Uninstall
- Proceed with on-screen instructions to finish the process
- Go to the official Microsoft website to download and install both, vc_redist.x86.exe (32-bit) and vc_redist.x64.exe (64-bit) versions of the package
- Reboot your computer and check if the problem is fixed.
Method 6. Reset Windows
If none of the solutions above helped you to fix the issue, you could always try resetting your PC without losing your files. Here is the basic way to do it (you can check our more extensive guide):
- Right-click on Start and select Settings
- Choose Update & Security section and pick Recovery
- Under Reset this PC section, click Get Started
- Select Keep my files
- Pick Cloud download to finish the process.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.