Issue: How to Fix MSVCP140.dll is Missing Error on Windows?
I’ve tried to launch the EpicGames app, but each time it fails with an error saying MSVCP140.dll is missing. Please advice should I install this .dll separately? Thanks in advance!
The MSVCP140.dll is a constituent file of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. This whole package of files is responsible for the run-time components that are required to run C++ applications built using Visual Studio 2015.
However, recently people have started reporting an error while launching some online games, WordPress, and other random apps, which informs them that the system lacks for MSVCP140.dll file and, therefore, cannot run a corresponding application.
It has been noticed that the MSVCP140.dll is missing error most frequently occur when trying to run Skype, especially the new version 126.96.36.199. That's because Skype for Windows added new requirements and now need Microsoft Visual С++ 2015 Redistributable package to find required DLL libraries.
Thus, if the system does not have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installed, Skype or other apps cannot communicate with the MSVCP140.dll library.
The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
In some of the cases, the culprit of this bug may be corrupted system files or even malware infection. According to experts, the MSVCP140.dll error is a variant of “vcruntime140.dll” and “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing” errors. If you are encountering any of these bugs while launching apps on Windows, you should try the fixes provided below.
How to Fix MSVCP140.dll is Missing Error on Windows?
There are several reasons why the MSVCP140.dll is missing error has occurred. Since one of the possible reasons is corrupted or damaged system files, which might have been affected by virus or malware, our solution would be to install Reimage and run a thorough system scan with it.
As an alternative, you may also use RegCure Pro or SpeedyPC Pro, but we would prioritize Reimage due to the fact that it has a built-in Avira Antivir engine. Therefore, it will optimize the system by fixing the registries, system's file libraries, and other peculiarities, as well as remove malware/virus. If the recommended software did not help to fix MSVCP140.dll is missing error, try to perform the following steps:
- Check the Recycle Bin. In case you have accidentally removed the MSVCP140.dll file, open the Recycle Bin and paste the file name into the search box. If it's there, click it and select Restore.
- Reinstall the problematic software. If you are encountering the MSVCP140.dll error when launching Skype or another random application, but not a mass of apps on Windows, then you should try to reinstall that particular app. In the case of Skype, it is recommended to install Skype 188.8.131.52 for Windows temporarily.
- Install Windows update. Press Windows key + I, select Updates & Security and click Check for Updates. Once done, install all available updates and reboot the system. When it is fully booted, repeat the trick with Windows Updates and reboot one more time. Finally, check if the MSVCP140.dll bug is gone.
- Run sfc /scannow command. Right-click Windows key and select Command Prompt (Admin). Type sfc /scannow and run the command. This function checks System files and fixes the damaged/corrupted ones if Windows system has copies. Therefore, this function can help you replace the damaged MSVCP140.dll file if it’s provided by Microsoft.
- Install the MSVCP140.dll file separately. Computer experts recommend installing msvpc140.dll file separately and save it to the same location where the problematic software is installed. IMPORTANT: installation of .dll files is not recommended by security experts due to a high-risk of malware infection. Therefore, if none of the methods listed above helped, please download the file by clicking on the link provided above. Otherwise, you may stumble on a third-party download source, which may be involved in virus distribution.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.