Issue: How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing Error on Windows?
I can’t run Photoshop and Skype due to “The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer” error. It’s strange why these two programs are affected only? Is it possible to install the VCRUNTIME140.dll file? Please help.
The VCRUNTIME140.dll is a file used by Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. C++ package of files is installed by the software that requires it and the separate C ++ files are further responsible for the execution of software run-time components.
Therefore, if any of the C ++ package constituents are removed accidentally, corrupted or fails to function, the programs that require C++ may not respond and fail with the following error:
The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Many people encounter the missing VCRUNTIME140.dll error on Adobe’s Creative Cloud. According to Adobe’s technicians, the problem may occur due to the Adobe Creative Cloud’s migration from Microsoft runtimes to Visual C ++. This change has been initiated to ensure that the Creative Cloud software is exploiting the runtimes supported by Microsoft.
To enable Adobe’s Creative Cloud software, it is recommended to reinstall Visual C ++ from the official Microsoft’s website. If, however, the issue is not related to the Creative Cloud, you should check the system for malware, install the latest Windows Updates, and verify if your OS does not include corrupted files.
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
IT specialists recommend reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 to fix the missing VCRUNTIME140.dll error. Although you may find various download sources for this software, we would strongly recommend downloading it from the official Microsoft’s website, which you can find clicking on this link.
Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- Right-click on Windows key and select Control Panel. You can also do the same by opening Search and typing “control” in the search bar.
- Open “Programs & Features” or “Add/Remove Programs” according to the OS type that you use.
- Find Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable ) (x64) – [version number] and click “Uninstall.”
- When the uninstaller appears, DO NOT click “Uninstall.” Instead of that, select Repair.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Check the system for malware
The VCRUNTIME140.dll error may also be related to virus infection. If you have tried to reinstall and fix Visual C ++ Redistributable but in vain, we would strongly recommend checking the system for malware. For this purpose, you can use any powerful anti-malware, say Reimage.
- Reinstall the program that cannot be launched because the VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing. For instance, if Skype has been affected, uninstall it from Control Panel and then download the latest version from the official website.
- Install Windows Updates. Open Settings app and go to the Updates & Security. Click Check for Updates and wait for the search to complete.
- Run System File Checker to see if the system does not contain corrupted/outdated/damaged files. Open Command Prompt (Admin) and type sfc / scannow command in the run. Press Enter to execute it.
IMPORTANT: you may find offers to install the VCRUNTIME140.dll file separately. However, do not fall for downloading it! Hackers often disguise malicious programs under .dll files. Therefore, instead of a needed file, you may execute a malicious file and end up with a virus infection.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
This patented repair process uses a database of 25 million components that can replace any damaged or missing file on user's computer.
To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage malware removal tool.