Issue: How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing Error on Windows?
Hello. Recently I am not able to run Photoshop, and Skype due to “The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer” error. I have never heard of the file, and I have no clue where it is located. Can I download VCRUNTIME140.dll from the internet? If so, where do I put it? Can you please help me as I want to use the mentioned applications again. Any help would be appreciated.
“VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing” is an error that can occur on Microsoft Windows computers. Typically, the issue arises after installing a Windows update or after an unsuccessful installation of a specific program. Sometimes reinstalling the program that needs this file works, but there are other reasons and solutions for the vcruntime140.dll was not found issue.
VCRUNTIME140.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file – it works similarly to executable but is only loaded when the software using it needs it. Therefore, when such a file is corrupted or not present, users can observe the VCRUNTIME140.dll error, resulting in the application of startup failure.
The pop-up informing about the missing file usually prompts the users to start looking for the VCRUNTIME140.dll download link online, however, you should not download this file from shady websites, and you also must know which version is suitable for your operating system. Besides, third-party sites can often be employed to host malware in the download links, so better stay away from them.
In this article, we are going to provide several “VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing” error fixes so that you can solve the issue without a computer technician's help. Keep in mind that it is important to read the instructions and follow the given steps carefully to add the right version of the .dll file to your Windows operating system in order to fix vcruntime140.dll was not found issue.
Speaking of the origins of the missing file, we must say that the VCRUNTIME140.dll is a file used by Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. C++ package of files is installed by the software that requires it, and the separate C ++ files are further responsible for the execution of software run-time components.
Therefore, if any of the C ++ package constituents are removed accidentally, corrupted or fails to function, the programs that require C++ may not respond and fail with the following error:
The program can’t start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Common causes of the VCRUNTIME140.dll error
- Many people encounter the missing VCRUNTIME140.dll error on Adobe’s Creative Cloud. According to Adobe’s technicians, the problem may occur due to the Adobe Creative Cloud’s migration from Microsoft runtimes to Visual C ++. This change has been initiated to ensure that the Creative Cloud software is exploiting the runtimes supported by Microsoft.
- In addition, the vast majority of complaints come from people saying that they are having VCRUNTIME140.dll Kodi issues. The aforementioned error message appears when starting Kodi and it seems that reinstalling the free media player software doesn't solve the issue.
- The vcruntime140.dll was not found issue can occur when the system is infected with malware. The machine gets corrupted or damaged. Also, such file damage can occur when the particular application gets deleted. Needed components missing cause the need for vcruntime140.dll download.
- Finally, some users have expressed complaints regarding missing MVCR110.DLL and VCRUNTIME140.DLL files that won't allow WAMP software to work. Vcruntime140.dll is missing wamp can be fixed using the guidelines given below.
How to fix VCRuntime140.dll Is Missing Error and Run Any Program You Want
The first thing that you should do when trying to solve the issue is to reinstall Visual C ++ from the official Microsoft’s website. If, however, the issue persists, you should try to use the link for vcruntime140.dll free download (64 bit or 32 bit) and place the file into a proper location.
If this fix doesn't help you to get rid of the problem, we suggest checking the system for malware, install the latest Windows Updates, and verify if your OS does not include corrupted files. You can find and fix corrupted system files using particular system software. You can restore some of the programs and reinstall applications that cannot be launched. You can find all the steps and tips below, so tell on a few at least.
Run a PC repair tool
Damaged DLL files can be the result of installing and reinstalling programs constantly. Some files get overwritten a few times and corrupted like this. This causes problems with those particular applications when the programs need older versions of the DLL to run. but it is overwritten with the newer version. The program starts showing errors and malfunction or even crash, so you can't run wanted apps.
Tools like ReimageMac Washing Machine X9 can replace missing or corrupted DLL files with fresh ones, clean and update such data to fix problems. This PC repair program can replace DLL files and fixed the VCRUNTIME140.dll is a missing error on Windows machines. Various files may cause problems for you without you even knowing about the issue. The proper system scan can indicate damage or missing data and repair those, so the Windows run as supposed to. There are various dll issues that people constantly complain about: Api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, WDSUTIL.dll, XPSSVCS.DLL .
Re-register VCRUNTIME140.dll file
The Regsvr32 command in Command Prompt (Admin) can help you fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing error. For that, follow these steps:
- Type cmd or Command Prompt into the search box
- Right-click on search results and select Run as Administrator
- To unregister the file, type in the following and hit Enter
regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll
- To reregister the file, type in the following and hit Enter
Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
IT specialists recommend reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 to fix the missing VCRUNTIME140.dll error. It is important to follow official Microsoft guidelines and install the missing files properly, otherwise, you will have to struggle with each corrupted program separately, which you clearly do not want to happen.
Although you may find various download sources for this software, we would strongly recommend downloading it from the official Microsoft’s website. Here is what you need to do:
- Get Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from official Microsoft website. Click the download button.
- You will be taken to a page which will ask you to choose the download you want. There will be two files: vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe. To put it simply, if your computer is running a 32-bit operating system, download the x86 version of the file. If you are using the 64-bit operating system, choose the x64 version of the file. Simply put a tick next to the file you want and then hit Next.
- Open the file (you should see its name in the lower part of your browser window). You will be asked to read Microsoft Software Licence Terms and agree to them in order to install the missing software piece. Put a tick on “I agree to the license terms and conditions” and select Install.
- This should solve the problem you are experiencing, and various programs should no longer be showing you the described error ever again.
Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- Right-click on Windows start menu icon and select Control Panel. You can also find the same program by opening Search and typing “control” in the search bar.
- Open Programs & Features or Add/Remove Programs according to the OS type that you use.
- Find Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable ) (x64) – [version number] and click Change.
- When the uninstaller appears, DO NOT click “Uninstall.” Instead of that, select Repair.
- Finally, reboot the system.
Run System File Checker to fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error
Run System File Checker to see if the system does not contain corrupted/outdated/damaged files.
- Use windows search to find Command Prompt.
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- Then, type sfc/scannow command. Press Enter to execute it.
IMPORTANT: you may find offers to install the VCRUNTIME140.dll file separately. However, do not fall for downloading it! Hackers often disguise malicious programs under .dll files. Therefore, as soon as you try to execute the required file, you might end up with a malware infection.
Reinstall the program that cannot be launched
For instance, if Skype or Skyrim has been affected and VCRUNTIME140.dll error occurs, uninstall it from Control Panel and then download the latest version from the official website. You can also do the “repair” trick using the same technique described in methods above.
Install Windows Updates to fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error
- Open Settings app and go to the Updates & Security.
- Click Check for Updates and wait for the search to complete.
- Install the latest version to fix possible OS bugs.
A video for helping you with vcruntime140.dll was not found an issue
You can see the steps in a video format, so the instructions are easier to follow
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.