Issue: How to fix wdsutil.dll is missing from Windows?
Hello, I recently updated to Windows 10 and encountered the error message: “The program can't start because WDSUTIL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” Is there anything that can be done about this? Please help. Thanks!
WDSUTIL.dll is missing is quite a common error that users mostly encounter when they upgrade their Windows to the newest version. Nevertheless, people also complained about the same message bugging them in Windows 7 and 8.1. However, several things could be done to fix WDSUTIL.dll is missing error, including upgrading drivers, running System File Checker and similar.
Dynamic-link library (DLL) files are very similar to executable (exe) files. Inside, they hold the information of certain instructions that the operating system needs to perform for the required operation. The .dll file is used for sharing the same functionality between different applications on Windows OS.
Aside from WDSUTIL.dll is missing error, users can also encounter the following in the Command Prompt when trying to re-register the file:
The module “WDSUTIL.dll” failed to load.
Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.
The specified module could not be found
Additionally, some users reported that after clicking OK they encounter the autorun.dll could not be loaded error.
All these issues are usually caused by corrupt or wrongly installed system files, incorrectly registered files, broken registry keys, as well as corrupt computer drivers. It is important to fix WDSUTIL.dll is missing error as soon as possible because it can cause several adverse effects to the computer, including:
- Crashing or freezing applications;
- Installation fails;
- PC freezing issues;
- Overall slowdown of the machine.
Unfortunately, all these symptoms can be applied to malware infection as well. Therefore, before you proceed with the below solutions for WDSUTIL.dll error, we suggest you scan your computer using anti-virus software. Additionally, we recommend using Reimage to fix WDSUTIL.dll is missing error automatically.
If you do not want to purchase the licensed version of the software to repair your system, proceed with the repair options below.
Here is a video with all information you need to solve this problem:
Fix 1. Manually register WDSUTIL.dll file using Microsoft Register Server
DLL files should be registered by Windows automatically. However, in some cases, the OS fails to register it correctly. Therefore, you should try doing it manually the following way:
- Type in Command Prompt (or cmd) into the search bar
- From search results, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- When permission dialog box shows up, click Yes
- To un-register the wdsutil.dll file, type in regsvr32 /u wdsutil.dll and press Enter
- Then, to re-register the file, type in regsvr32 /i wdsutil.dll and hit Enter
- Restart the program associated with the WDSUTIL.dll is missing error and see if problem persists
Fix 2. Update all drivers
Drivers are an essential part of the software and hardware to operate correctly. In some cases, drivers might stop working because they can get corrupted, outdated or damaged in any way. Thus, it can easily disrupt the operation of various programs and display WDSUTIL.dll is missing error.
If you want to update all drivers on your PC automatically, use Smart Driver Updater. Otherwise, you will have to update each of the devices manually, and it might take a long time. However, if you want to proceed, please do the following:
- Right-click on the Start button and choose Device Manager
- Expand any category and select the device
- Right-click on it and pick Update Driver
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software and let Windows install the updated drivers automatically
- Restart your PC
Fix 3. Run System File Checker
System File Checker is an inbuilt scanner that can automatically find and fix broken system files. To perform the scan, follow these steps:
- Type in Command Prompt (or cmd) into the search box
- From the search results, select Command Prompt, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator
- When permission dialog shows up, click Yes
- Type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Close down Command Prompt and see if WDSUTIL.dll error persists
Fix 4. Run DISM scan
IF the sfc scan did not help, you can try running DISM scan instead:
- Go to Command Prompt (admin)
- Type in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter
- Let Windows run the scan that can take up to half an hour to complete and see if it helps to fix the error
Fix 5. Perform a System Restore
System Restore can bring your computer to the point when it worked fine. To use System Restore, follow these steps (note: the restore point had to be created prior to the error occurring):
- Type in Control Panel into the search box and open it
- Select Recovery > System Restore
- Choose a restore point and follow on-screen instructions
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.