Issue: How to fix GeForce NOW 0x0000012E error in Windows?
Hello. I wanted to use the GeForce NOW app on my Windows PC but I got the 0x0000012E error code. Is there a way to fix this?
GeForce NOW is a cloud-based gaming service developed by NVIDIA that allows users to stream games to a range of devices from their servers. The service provides access to a library of supported games without requiring expensive gaming gear because the games are processed, displayed, and streamed to the user's device via distant servers.
One frequent problem that users of GeForce NOW may run into is the Windows 0x0000012E error. This specific error code indicates a momentary server problem. This issue can be related to two main culprits. First of all, it could happen if there is a server outage on the NVIDIA side, in which case customers would have to wait until the issue is formally fixed. Second, the error can occur if the user's computer is unable to connect to the necessary server, necessitating the evaluation and resolution of any possible internet access problems.
Because it interferes with consumers' gaming experiences and keeps them from using the GeForce NOW service, this problem may have a big impact on users. Temporary server problems or connectivity issues may prevent users from starting or playing their favorite games, which can be frustrating and inconvenient.
To resolve the 0x0000012E error, users might want to make sure their internet connection is stable. Additionally, since NVIDIA may be able to remedy the issue temporarily, it can be beneficial to stay updated about official updates regarding server outages. In this guide, you will find 4 steps that should help you fix GeForce NOW 0x0000012E error in Windows.
You can also try running a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Check Internet Connection Requirements
To achieve a smooth gaming experience with a resolution of 720p at 60 FPS, it is advisable to maintain a minimum internet speed of 15Mbps. Similarly, for gaming at 1080p and 60 FPS, a recommended internet speed of at least 25Mbps is essential. If your current internet connection does not meet these requirements, we strongly advise considering an upgrade to ensure optimal gaming performance.
- Access the Settings panel.
- Navigate to the STREAMING QUALITY section.
- Choose the Balanced option.
Method 2. Run the App as an Administrator
- Open the Taskbar search box and type GeForce Now.
- Select the GeForce Now application and choose the Run as administrator option.
- Click on the Yes button when the User Account Control (UAC) prompt appears.
- Alternatively, right-click on the desktop icon for GeForce Now.
- From the context menu, choose the Run as administrator option.
Method 3. Update the GeForce Now App
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Now app on your PC.
- Click on the Drivers tab at the top of the window.
- Check for updates. If there is a new update available, you will see a message that says A new Game Ready Driver is available.
- Click on the Download button to initiate the driver update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of the new driver.
- After the installation is finished, restart your computer to apply the changes.
Method 4. Flush the DNS Cache
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key.
- Type Command Prompt and right-click to open it as an administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter:
- After executing the command, close Command Prompt.
- Restart your computer.
- Launch GeForce Now after your computer restarts.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Protect your online privacy with a VPN client
A VPN is crucial when it comes to user privacy. Online trackers such as cookies can not only be used by social media platforms and other websites but also your Internet Service Provider and the government. Even if you apply the most secure settings via your web browser, you can still be tracked via apps that are connected to the internet. Besides, privacy-focused browsers like Tor is are not an optimal choice due to diminished connection speeds. The best solution for your ultimate privacy is Private Internet Access – be anonymous and secure online.
Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss
Data recovery software is one of the options that could help you recover your files. Once you delete a file, it does not vanish into thin air – it remains on your system as long as no new data is written on top of it. Data Recovery Pro is recovery software that searchers for working copies of deleted files within your hard drive. By using the tool, you can prevent loss of valuable documents, school work, personal pictures, and other crucial files.