Issue: How to fix Mail app not downloading email messages on Windows?
Hello, I am not getting emails via the Mail app in Windows, while it works fine on my phone, for example. Could you please advise on how to fix this?
Mail app is a successor to Windows Live Mail and was first introduced in Windows 8 and continues to be an important part of the operating system, providing a convenient way to manage multiple email accounts in one place. Unfortunately, some users have reported an issue where the Mail app fails to download email messages, thereby hindering their access to important correspondence.
Mail app not downloading email messages in Windows is an issue that can be caused by several reasons. Firstly, incorrect email synchronization settings may be at fault, preventing the Mail app from fetching your emails effectively. Additionally, bugs within the application itself may be causing this issue. Finally, conflicts with other software installed on your system could also disrupt the Mail app's ability to download emails.
To resolve this problem, you can review and adjust your email synchronization settings, ensuring they are correctly configured. It's advisable to check for updates to the Mail app and install them if available, as these updates may contain bug fixes that address the downloading issue. Lastly, if conflicts with other software are suspected, consider temporarily disabling or uninstalling conflicting programs to see if that resolves the problem.
For a more comprehensive solution to any underlying Windows issues that may be contributing to this problem, you can consider using the FortectMac Washing Machine X9 PC repair tool, which can automatically diagnose and fix a wide range of Windows-related issues.
Fix 1. Run Windows Store apps troubleshooter
This tool can automatically detect and fix common problems that might be affecting the app's functionality.
- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter.
- On the right side, click Additional troubleshooters/Other troubleshooters.
- Scroll down to find the Windows Store Apps entry.
- Select it and click Run the troubleshooter/Run.
- Wait till the scan finishes and apply the suggested fixes, then reboot your system.
Fix 2. Change email sync settings
Email sync settings might not be configured correctly, preventing the app from downloading messages. Here's how to address that:
- Open the Mail app.
- Click on the Settings button (cogwheel) at the bottom-right corner.
- Select Manage accounts.
- Pick the account you are having trouble with.
- Select Change mailbox sync settings.
- Here, under Download new content, select as items arrive.
- Enable all options under Sync options and click Done.
Fix 3. Install all Windows updates
When having problems with Windows, it is important to make sure that all the latest updates are downloaded and installed.
- Type Updates in Windows search and press Enter.
- When the new window opens, click Check for updates and wait.
- If there are optional updates available, install them as well.
- Restart your computer to implement the changes.
Fix 4. Run network troubleshooter
If your internet is not working properly, Windows might struggle to download email messages on the Mail app. Check this by running a network troubleshooter.
- Right-click on Start and pick Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet section.
- On the right side, find the Advanced network settings section.
- Click Network troubleshooter and wait.
- Apply the recommendations and see if that resolves the issue.
Fix 5. Reset the Mail app
Resetting the Mail app can help resolve issues related to its functionality.
- Right-click on Start and select Apps & Features.
- Scroll down to find Mail and Calendar and click Advanced options.
- Scroll down again and click Terminate and Reset.
- Restart your PC.
Fix 6. Switch to the Outlook version of the app
If the Mail app continues to have trouble downloading emails, you can try using the Outlook app switch feature to access your email.
- Open the Mail app.
- In the top right corner, you should notice a switch titled Try the new Outlook.
- Toggle it to the right to enable the new Outlook.
- Confirm any prompts to proceed.
- See if the problem is resolved.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.