Issue: How to fix Microsoft Store "Install" button missing in Windows?
Hello. I wanted to download a couple of apps from the Microsoft Store but the “Install” button is missing. How can I get it back?
The absence of the Microsoft Store's “Install” button in Windows can be a frustrating issue for users who rely on this platform to download and install applications. Users can find ease and security at the Microsoft Store, which has established itself as a reliable source for a variety of software. It offers access to a wide range of possibilities, from productivity tools to amusement programs like Among Us or Minecraft, thanks to its large library of over 800,000 apps. The absence of the Install button, however, interferes with this smooth experience and may have serious consequences for users.
This problem primarily impacts users by restricting their ability to purchase new software and updates. For example, folks who need important productivity software for work or school may discover that they are unable to access critical resources, which will affect their productivity. The inability to play their favorite games or get the most recent upgrades and features may also displease gamers who prefer games like Among Us or Minecraft.
Additionally, this problem may cause confusion and annoyance, especially among less tech-savvy individuals. It might be intimidating to navigate through many settings and troubleshooting techniques, which may discourage some users from trying to fix the issue themselves.
Users may look for remedies to this problem, which can entail actions like clearing the cache in the Microsoft Store, updating Windows, or changing system settings. Some technical knowledge may be needed to complete these procedures, thus not all users will feel confident doing so. As a result, the problem with the missing “Install” button makes using the Store more difficult and has an impact on users' ability to download software.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix Microsoft Store “Install” button missing in Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, registry issues, or clear cookies and cache. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Check the Time and Date
- Press the Windows key + I to access the Settings menu.
- Go to Time & Language.
- Turn on the toggle for Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.
- Relaunch Microsoft Store and verify if the Install button is now visible.
Solution 2. Reconnect Microsoft Account
You can attempt a speedy solution by reconnecting your Microsoft account. Follow these steps:
- In the Microsoft Store, click the Profile icon and choose Log out.
- Next, open Task Manager and terminate any store-related processes.
- Finally, reopen Microsoft Store and log in with your credentials.
Solution 3. Run the Windows Store Troubleshooter
- Right-click the Start button and select Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the window and click Windows Store Apps > Run the troubleshooters.
Solution 4. Restart the Microsoft Store Service
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Locate and open Microsoft Store Install Services.
- If the service is already running, click Stop, and then click Start to restart it.
- Restart your computer.
- Check if the Install button is now available.
Solution 5. Reset the Microsoft Store
- Launch Command Prompt with administrative rights.
- Type the WSReset.exe command line.
- Press Enter to execute the command and reset the app, removing cache data.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.