Issue: How to fix Monster Hunter World error code 50382-MW1 in Windows?
I am unable to connect to the session members because of the error code 50382-MW1 in Monster Hunter World. Any tips on how to approach this error?
Monster Hunter World is an open-world action RPG developed and released by a Japanese studio Capcom in 2018. Its sequel, Monster Hunter Rise, also became a commercial success and is also liked by thousands of players online. Despite this, its predecessor still has a very active and broad player base – it has around 50,000 concurrent players on Steam consistently. The game also sits at a “mostly positive” rating on Steam, with 88% of people recommending it to others.
Besides being a complete single-player experience, Monster Hunter World boasts a very active multiplayer component, which many players engage in. In order to begin a multiplayer session, users have to go to the Quest board, select a quest, and then have an option to add additional players. This is where some players might encounter hiccups such as error code 50382-MW1.
It is not uncommon for online games to have connectivity issues, which some might experience more than others. In this case, the 50382-MW1 error only comes up when attempting to engage in multiplayer, with the full message reading:
Failed to connect to session members.
Error code: 50382-MW1
This message, however, does not provide much insight into what could be causing the issue and neither how users should proceed in order to fix Monster Hunter World error code 50382-MW1. That's why we will provide several solutions that could just work for you.
This error usually means that a player-to-player connection cannot be established – this can be on either of the players' end. To troubleshoot the issue, you should check your internet connection settings, change launch parameters, or resolve other connectivity issues.
If you would rather rely on an automatic solution, you should try employing FortectMac Washing Machine X9 PC repair application, which is an excellent tool to identify and resolve underlying Windows issues automatically.
Fix 1. Run network troubleshooter
This method involves using Windows built-in network troubleshooting tools to identify and resolve any internet connection issues. Here's how to run it:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings.
- Go to the Network & Internet section.
- Here, locate the Advanced network settings section.
- Click the Network troubleshooter to run it.
- Wait for the results to show up and apply the suggested fixes.
Fix 2. Disable WiFi if using Ethernet
Many users have said that they managed to bypass the error after they disconnected their WiFi. This is only applicable to those who are already using cable and WiFi connections at the same time.
- In the Windows search box, type Network Connections, then press select the View Network Connections result.
- Find your WiFi connection, right-click on it, and choose Disable.
- Make sure your Ethernet cable is properly connected to your PC and router.
- Restart your PC and then launch Monster Hunter World to check if the error is resolved.
Fix 3. Reset your internet connection
Another method to ensure that everything is set to default is by running commands in an elevated Command Prompt.
- Type cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt result and select Run as administrator.
- When User Account Contol shows up, click Yes.
- In the new window, copy and paste the following command links, pressing Enter each time:
netsh winsock reset
- Close the Command Prompt.
Fix 4. Verify the integrity of game files
Verifying the integrity of game files through Steam ensures all necessary files are correctly installed and not corrupted. Corrupted or missing files can often cause errors in games.
- Open Steam and go to your Library.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- On the left side, pick Installed files.
- Click Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait till the process is finished.
- Once done, restart Steam and launch the game to see if the issue is fixed.
Fix 5. Modify launch parameters
Altering the game's launch parameters can help bypass certain connectivity issues. This is done by modifying the game's settings before it starts, potentially avoiding the error.
- Launch Steam, go to your Library, and select Monster Hunter World.
- Right-click on the game and pick Properties.
- In the General tab, under Launch parameters, type the following:
- See if the problem is resolved. If not, try using the following parameter instead:
- Try again.
Fix 6. Try using Google's DNS
Switching to Google's DNS can improve internet connection stability and speed, so try the following method:
- Right-click on Start and pick Network Connections.
- Under Advanced network settings, pick Change adapter options.
- In the Network Connection window, right-click on your main connection (for example, Ethernet) and pick Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties below.
- Click Use the following DNS server address and type the following into the fields:
Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Press OK.
Fix 7. Modify in-game server browsing ping
Lowering the server browsing ping setting in Steam can reduce the load on your network, making it easier to connect to game servers.
- Open the Steam client and click on Steam in the upper left corner, then select Settings.
- Go to the In-Game tab.
- Scroll down to find the More section.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select 250.
- Close down settings and launch the game as usual.
Fix 8. Reinstall Monster Hunter World
Reinstalling the game can resolve issues caused by corrupted game files or improper installation.
- Open Steam, go to the Library, right-click on Monster Hunter World, and select Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall the game.
- After uninstallation, restart your computer.
- Reinstall Monster Hunter World by downloading it again from Steam.
- Launch the game to see if the error has been resolved.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.