Issue: How to fix NotificationController.dll not found or missing in Windows?
Hello. I keep getting errors that say NotificationController.dll is not found or missing. How do I fix this?
NotificationController.dll is a critical system file that is essential for the proper operation of various applications on the Windows operating system. Users may encounter problems if this critical DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file is not found or is missing from their system. The absence of NotificationController.dll can cause a variety of issues and have an impact on the overall user experience on their Windows device.
When NotificationController.dll is missing, applications and processes that rely on it may not function properly. While using certain programs, users may encounter error messages indicating the absence of the DLL, as well as crashes, freezes, or unexpected behavior. Users may experience inconvenience and frustration as a result of the missing DLL issue, especially if they rely heavily on specific applications that require NotificationController.dll to function properly.
Furthermore, this problem may have an impact on the overall stability and performance of the Windows operating system. Certain system functions and features that rely on NotificationController.dll may become inaccessible, affecting the user interface and system utilities' smooth operation. As a result, the user may experience decreased performance and responsiveness, resulting in a less satisfying computing experience.
There could be several causes for the disappearance of NotificationController.dll. One common cause is the user's or the system's accidental deletion or corruption of the file. Malware infections can also target critical system files such as DLLs, such as NotificationController.dll, and cause them to be deleted or altered. Furthermore, problems with software installations, updates, or system upgrades can sometimes result in the missing DLL error.
In this guide, you will find 6 steps that should help you fix NotificationController.dll not found or missing error. You can also run FortectMac Washing Machine X9 repair tool that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Method 1. Restart Windows
By restarting Windows, you can clear the cache memory and resolve temporary glitches.
- Press the Windows key.
- Click on the Power icon.
- Select Restart from the drop-down menu.
- Wait for your PC to restart.
- Check if the error persists after the restart.
Method 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 3. Install Windows Updates
- Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings window.
- From the left sidebar, click on the Windows Update tab.
- Click on the Check for updates button.
- Wait while Windows checks for available updates.
- If new updates are found, download and install them.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Method 4. Re-Register the Notificationcontroller.dll File
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- Check if the issue is fixed.
Method 5. Reinstall the Affected App
- Type Control in the Windows Search bar and open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, select the Category view.
- Choose the option to Uninstall a program.
- Locate the troubled program or game from the list.
- Right-click on the troubled program or game and select the Repair option.
- Follow the further instructions provided during the repair process.
- Once the repair is complete, restart your PC to apply the changes.
Method 6. Use System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.