Issue: How to fix Pbid.exe - Application Error in Windows?
Often, when I launch my PC, I receive a Pbid.exe – Application Error pop-up, which I then close, and nothing else happens. Should I be concerned about it?
Windows application errors are glitches that occur when a software program fails to perform an expected function or process. These errors can appear in a variety of ways, often in the form of error messages, software crashes, or the inability of the application to start properly. These errors are usually caused by problems with the software itself, conflicts with other programs, or underlying problems with the Windows operating system.
One such error is “Pbid.exe – Application Error”. This is particularly relevant to software developed by Garena Online Pvt Ltd, an online game developer from Singapore. This error can occur if you install a game or application from Garena. This issue is often caused by a conflict between the Pbid.exe process and other processes running on the system. Additionally, it can be caused by corrupted or outdated files related to Garena software.
If you receive a Pbid.exe error, it's a sign that there's a problem that needs your attention. This error may be caused by an incompatibility between the Pbid.exe process and the current system configuration. Alternatively, the error may be caused by corrupted or missing files within the Garena software. This error can also be a symptom of a broader problem with the Windows operating system, such as registry errors, corrupted system files, and other software conflicts.
To fix Pbid.exe application errors, check for Garena software updates to ensure your system is up to date, and consider scanning your system for potential conflicts or issues. Although these measures often resolve the problem, it is important to remember that each situation is different and a solution that works in one case may not work in another.
If the Pbid.exe application error persists or you're not sure how to proceed, using a PC repair tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 is a viable option. These tools are designed to automatically diagnose and fix many fundamental Windows problems and potentially resolve errors without the need for extensive troubleshooting.
Fix 1. Check for corrupted files
System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) are Windows tools that help repair corrupted system files and restore system health. The SFC scan searches for corrupt or missing system files and replaces them while DISM repairs the Windows system image. Running these scans can resolve various system issues, including errors related to specific applications.
- Type in cmd in Windows search.
- Right-click the Command Prompt result and pick Run as administrator.
- User Account Control will ask whether you want to allow changes – click Yes.
- Type this command and press Enter:
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Then, use the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Restart your device.
Fix 2. Perform Clean Boot
A clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps prevent software conflicts that occur when you install programs or updates, or when you run programs in Windows. This is especially useful for diagnosing and troubleshooting application errors.
- Press the Win + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type msconfig and press Enter.
- In the System Configuration window, select Selective Startup, and uncheck Load startup items.
- Go to the Services tab and check the box Hide all Microsoft services, then click Disable all.
- Click on the Startup tab and open Task Manager.
- Disable all the startup items in the Task Manager.
- Click OK, and restart the computer.
- Once the computer is restarted, try the action that was causing the error.
- If resolved, you can start enabling services and startup items one by one to identify the culprit.
Fix 3. Reinstall the affected application
Reinstalling the application that is causing the error may resolve issues related to corrupted installation files, outdated versions, or configuration issues. This process uninstalls and reinstalls the current version of the software.
- Open the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Find the affected application in the list and click on it.
- Click Uninstall and follow the prompts to remove the application.
- After uninstallation, restart your computer.
- Visit the official website of the application and download the latest version.
- Install the application by following the on-screen instructions.
Fix 4. Scan your system for malware
Malware can often cause various errors by interfering with system processes or damaging files. Scanning your system with an antivirus program can detect and remove malicious software, potentially resolving the error. You can use Microsoft Safety Scanner or the built-in Windows Defender:
- Type Windows Security in the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Pick Scan options.
- Choose Microsoft Defender Offline scan and click Scan now.
- Your computer will immediately reboot and begin a deep scan.
Fix 5. Update Windows
Updating Windows ensures that you have the latest security patches, system improvements, and drivers that can resolve compatibility issues and errors that can cause application failures.
- Type Updates in the Windows search box and hit Enter.
- Click Check for Updates and wait till all the needed files are downloaded.
- If optional updates come up, install them too.
- When all is done, restart your system to implement the changes.
Fix 6. Restore the system to an earlier point
System Restore can take your PC back to an earlier point in time when everything was working correctly. This can be helpful if the error started occurring after a recent change in your system like a software installation or a significant update.
- Type in Create a Restore point in Windows search and press Enter.
- In the System Protection tab, pick System restore.
- Click Next.
- Click Show more restore points (if available).
- Pick the time before the problem occurred and click Next.
- Your computer will reboot.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Prevent websites, ISP, and other parties from tracking you
To stay completely anonymous and prevent the ISP and the government from spying on you, you should employ Private Internet Access VPN. It will allow you to connect to the internet while being completely anonymous by encrypting all information, prevent trackers, ads, as well as malicious content. Most importantly, you will stop the illegal surveillance activities that NSA and other governmental institutions are performing behind your back.
Recover your lost files quickly
Unforeseen circumstances can happen at any time while using the computer: it can turn off due to a power cut, a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) can occur, or random Windows updates can the machine when you went away for a few minutes. As a result, your schoolwork, important documents, and other data might be lost. To recover lost files, you can use Data Recovery Pro – it searches through copies of files that are still available on your hard drive and retrieves them quickly.