Issue: How to fix PhoneExperienceHost.exe high CPU usage in Windows?
Hello. I noticed that the PhoneExperienceHost.exe process in Task Manager is using high amounts of CPU. My computer is getting slow. Is there a way to fix this?
When Windows users utilize the Phone Link app, they may see significant CPU consumption associated with the PhoneExperienceHost.exe process. This executable file and process are essential parts of the Windows Phone Link application, which is meant to make smooth synchronization between smartphones and PCs possible. Enabling customers to handle conversations via the Your Phone app, access multiple apps, media files, messages, and receive notifications straight on their desktops is the main goal of this synchronization.
The user experience is significantly disrupted when the PhoneExperienceHost.exe process shows increased CPU use. The system may become slower, less responsive, and take longer to complete tasks as a result of the increased resource use. These performance problems might negatively impact the computer's overall effectiveness and functionality, which will irritate users who depend on the Phone Link app to seamlessly integrate their devices.
The Phone Link app's primary features are impacted by this high CPU usage. The Your Phone app may not work as intended, making it difficult for users to access synchronized media files and apps, make and take calls, or get timely notifications. As a result, the app's goal of facilitating seamless connection between cellphones and PCs is undermined, and users might experience disruptions to their everyday routine.
Resolving the high CPU use of PhoneExperienceHost.exe becomes essential for users who want to get their computers back to normal. Identifying and fixing synchronization problems through troubleshooting procedures, making sure the Phone Link app is up to date, and confirming updates for compatibility between the app and Windows OS are some potential solutions.
In this guide, you will find 5 steps that should help you fix PhoneExperienceHost.exe high CPU usage in Windows. You can also run a maintenance tool like FortectMac Washing Machine X9 that can fix most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry issues. Otherwise, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Solution 1. Stop the PhoneExperienceHost.exe Process
- Press the Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog.
- Type taskmgr and hit Enter to open Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, navigate to the Details tab.
- Find the PhoneExperienceHost.exe process in the list.
- Right-click on the PhoneExperienceHost.exe process.
- Choose End task from the context menu to terminate the process.
Solution 2. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Solution 3. Repair or Reset Phone Link
- Open the Settings app on your Windows device.
- Click on the Apps option.
- Locate the Phone Link app from the list of installed apps and click on it.
- Click on the Advanced options link.
- Scroll down to the Repair section and click on the Repair button.
- Wait for the repair process to complete.
- If this does not help, press the Reset button.
Solution 4. Disable Phone Link in the Background
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Navigate to the Privacy section.
- Look for the Background apps option.
- Find the Phone Link app within the Background apps list.
- Toggle off the button next to Phone Link to disable it.
Solution 5. Reinstall Phone Link
- Open the Windows search box by clicking on the Windows logo on your taskbar or pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type PowerShell in the search box.
- Right-click on Windows PowerShell in the search results and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command in the PowerShell window:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
- This will uninstall the Phone Link app from your device.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Search for the Phone Link app and select it from the search results.
- Click on the Install button to reinstall the Phone Link app.
- Wait for the installation to complete and then close the Microsoft Store.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.