Issue: How to fix Sysdll_win64_retail.dll missing or not found error in Windows?
Hello. When I try to launch FIFA 17 on my Windows PC, I get the Sysdll_win64_retail.dll is missing or not found errors. How do I fix this?
How to fix Sysdll_win64_retail.dll missing or not found error in Windows?
The Sysdll_win64_retail.dll file is a dynamic link library (DLL) file related to the FIFA 17 application. While it is not a required Windows system file, it is critical to the proper operation of the FIFA 17 application. When the Sysdll_win64_retail.dll file is missing or not found, users attempting to run FIFA 17 may encounter a variety of issues.
In the absence of this DLL file, error messages stating that the file is missing or that the application cannot start properly may appear. Users may encounter crashes, freezing, or the inability to launch the game at all. There are a few options for resolving the Sysdll_win64_retail.dll missing or not found error.
Reinstalling FIFA 17, repairing the game installation, running a system file checker scan, updating drivers, or performing a clean installation of Windows are all options. For specific troubleshooting steps and assistance, it is recommended to consult official support documentation or contact the game's developer.
This guide will walk you through 6 steps that should help you resolve the Sysdll_win64_retail.dll missing or not found error in Windows. You can also try running a system repair tool such as FortectMac Washing Machine X9, which can repair most system errors, BSODs, corrupted files, and registry problems. Otherwise, proceed with the instructions below.
Method 1. Fix Corrupted System Files
Use Command Prompt commands to repair system file corruption:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Use the following command and press Enter:
- Reboot your system
- If SFC returned an error, then use the following command lines, pressing Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Method 2. Re-register the Sysdll_win64_retail.dll File
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type command prompt in the search bar.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- In the User Account Control (UAC) prompt that appears, click Yes to grant administrative privileges.
- The Command Prompt window will open. Type the following command:
- Press Enter to execute the command.
- Wait for Windows to register the DLL file.
- After the registration is complete, restart your PC.
- Once your PC restarts, the registration process will be complete.
Method 3. Install the Microsoft C++ Redistributable Package
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type in the name of your browser.
- Hit Enter to open your browser.
- In the browser, navigate to the official Visual C++ Redistributable download page.
- Look for the Download button and click on it.
- Typically, you will need to download both the 64-bit and x86 (32-bit) versions. However, if your PC is 32-bit, only download and install the x86 version.
- Wait for the file to finish downloading.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on the .exe file.
- Follow the onscreen instructions provided by the installer to complete the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, restart your PC.
- Once your PC restarts, check if the error is resolved.
Method 4. Reinstall the Program
- Type Control in the Windows Search bar and open Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, select the Category view.
- Choose the option to Uninstall a program.
- Locate the troubled program or game from the list.
- Right-click on the troubled program or game and select the Repair option.
- Follow the further instructions provided during the repair process.
- Once the repair is complete, restart your PC to apply the changes.
Method 5. Run System Restore
System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows users to revert their computer's state to a previous point in time. This can be helpful if you have made changes to your system that are causing problems.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type SystemPropertiesProtection and press Enter.
- Go to the System Protection tab.
- You will see the System Restore… button. Click it to run System Restore.
- Follow the prompts until you can select a restore point.
- Select the one you want (ideally before the issue started occurring) and go ahead with the process.
Method 6. Run a Malware Scan
It is possible that a malware infection may be the cause of the Sysdll_win64_retail.dll missing or not found error in Windows. It is important to run a comprehensive security scan to rule out this possibility and ensure that the computer is not infected. This can help to prevent further issues with the Windows operating system and ensure that it is functioning properly.
If you have access to a security scanner, or if your organization pays for one, you can use it to scan your entire system to check for a virus infection. Otherwise, you can use Windows Defender to scan your system:
- Click on the Windows Start menu or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Microsoft Defender in the search bar and click on Microsoft Defender Antivirus to open the application.
- Click on the Virus & threat protection option in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Quick scan or Full scan option, depending on your preference.
- If you choose Quick scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan the most vulnerable and commonly infected areas of your computer.
- If you choose Full scan, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will scan your entire computer, including all files, folders, and programs.
- Click on the Scan now button to start the selected scan type and wait for the scan to complete.
- The time it takes will depend on the size of your hard drive and the number of files being scanned.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be informed of any detected threats, and you can choose to quarantine or remove them.
- If no threats are found, Microsoft Defender Antivirus will inform you that your device is secure.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:
Access geo-restricted video content with a VPN
Private Internet Access is a VPN that can prevent your Internet Service Provider, the government, and third-parties from tracking your online and allow you to stay completely anonymous. The software provides dedicated servers for torrenting and streaming, ensuring optimal performance and not slowing you down. You can also bypass geo-restrictions and view such services as Netflix, BBC, Disney+, and other popular streaming services without limitations, regardless of where you are.
Don’t pay ransomware authors – use alternative data recovery options
Malware attacks, particularly ransomware, are by far the biggest danger to your pictures, videos, work, or school files. Since cybercriminals use a robust encryption algorithm to lock data, it can no longer be used until a ransom in bitcoin is paid. Instead of paying hackers, you should first try to use alternative recovery methods that could help you to retrieve at least some portion of the lost data. Otherwise, you could also lose your money, along with the files. One of the best tools that could restore at least some of the encrypted files – Data Recovery Pro.