Issue: How to fix “Security Error: 0x80070643”?
I’m writing with regard to the “Security Error: 0x80070643” notifications. I noticed a strange pattern that these errors only show up when I’m using my browser. In the message there also an indicated tech support number which I suppose to call to get in touch with a technician who will fix this issue. I am wondering, though, maybe there is a way to get rid of this problem manually? I don’t want to be charged for a job I can, possibly, do myself.
Unlike what some less experienced computer users may think, random occurrences of “Security Error: 0x80070643” pop-ups while browsing online do not signal a critical state of the system’s condition. In fact, they indicate that the device is most likely infected with a Tech Support Scam virus. You may have accidentally admitted this malware on your device after downloading some freeware or shareware application off of the Internet or by installing a fake software update. Regardless of the way your computer has been infected, you should know that Security Error: 0x80070643 is not a real error. In fact, it is not an error at all. It is just a pop up notification generated by this adware-type infection which initial aim is to trick the users into believing that using their computers is no longer safe and continuing it may result in the corruption of their passwords, browser history or credit card information.
Such scams usually provide a “solution” — a phone number (in this case it’s 1-855-999-9246) which the user can call, contact a remote technician and repair any arising issues. In reality, such calls are used by various extortionists for phishing purposes and the attempts to take over computer administration privileges. This can really end up in data corruption, privacy violation and financial loss or even hardware damage. Security Error: 0x80070643 is not an issue that exists, so it does not need to be fixed. Nevertheless, the Tech Support Scam that is causing notifications about this error to appear must be eliminated from the computer immediately. In the guidelines below we explain how this should be done safely.
How to fix “Security Error: 0x80070643”?
“Security Error: 0x80070643” is one of the many tech support scams that can currently be found on the web. Just like its counterparts such as Adobe Flash Tech Support Scam virus or Microsoft Inc Warning! Support scam virus. The Security Error: 0x80070643 virus should first be eliminated from the computer. It can be done manually or automatically. The second option is a quicker one. You simply have to scan your computer with an antivirus software, say Reimage, and the virus will be eliminated automatically. If you do not have the automatic virus removal option, you can try out these steps:
To remove Security Error: 0x80070643 virus from Windows 8/ Windows 10:
- Right-click the Windows menu.
- Select Control Panel
- In Control Panel find Uninstall a Program option
- Investigate and uninstall suspicious applications or programs that showed up on your computer without your permission
- Click OK to confirm the changes
After you are done with the virus removal, reset each one of your browsers following the guidelines below and reboot the computer to set the changes.
Resetting Google Chrome:
- When in Chrome browser, click Menu (the three-bar icon in the far-right corner at the top of the screen)
- Choose Tools and navigate to Extensions.
- Check the list of browser extensions for suspicious content and press the Trash icon to delete the selected components.
- Go back to the Menu tab and choose Settings. Find On startup section and press Set pages beside the Open a specific page or a set of pages option.
- Eliminate shady websites by clicking on X icon next to them. Then, enter a URL of your preferred site. And press OK.
- Go back to the Menu again, choose Settings and click the Manage Search engines selection.
- Eliminate all unknown entries leaving your preferred search engine only.
- Then, in the Settings menu navigate to Reset Browser Settings..
- In the new window click Reset.
Resetting Mozilla Firefox:
- When in Mozilla Firefox select the menu icon
- In the drop-down menu select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Look for unfamiliar browser add-ons or extensions and remove them by selecting the Remove option.
- Go back to the Mozilla Firefox, press Options and go to General.
- Under the Startup section, choose Restore to Default, or simply type in another Home Page URL. Click OK to affirm the changes.
- Open Firefox menu again and this time navigate to Troubleshooting Information and click Reset Firefox.
- Confirm your choice by clicking the Reset Firefox button again.
Resetting Internet Explorer:
- When in IE browser, go to menu (a gear icon) and press Manage Add-ons.
- Browse through unfamiliar browser extensions and right-click Disable on the ones you wish to delete.
- Back in the IE menu go to the Internet Options. In the General tab, select or type in the homepage you want to use by default.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Go to the IE menu once again, find Internet Options choose the Advanced options and click Reset.
- In the new window check the box beside the option Delete personal settings and click Reset once more.
Resetting Microsoft Edge:
- In Microsoft Edge browser click the option More
- In the drop-down menu choose Settings
- In the new window, select Clear browsing data option and click Choose what to clear.
- Mark the components you want to eliminate and press Clear.
- Click the Windows menu and go to the Task Manager.
- In the Processes tab, find the running Microsoft Edge application right-click it and press Go to details.
- In the Details tab locate entries featuring Microsoft Edge title.
- Right click them and select End Task.
Repair your Errors automatically
ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow: